PWS Glock Slides

Probie

Does anyone have any experience with these?

I have a gen 3 19 frame that I need to get a slide for and I came across these. I'm also considering a battlecomp.

voodoo_man

Established
I have a bit of experience with them.

The internals are redesigned and made inhouse at PWS. They use a .40 striker (instead of a 9mm, reliability thing) and all internals are supposed to be titanium.

Out of the box, without any modification to the lower you are supposed to get a better than normal trigger press as well as added functionality. Basically they rebuilt the gun from the slide down without modifying the lower at all.

They are good to go.

Without a replacement barrel, what exactly do they do differently than an OEM slide? Glock 9mm is pretty well renowned for its reliability, so changing the striker doesn't improve the gun.

Probie

Since I don't have a slide for this gun I'm just trying to see what is out there, I was just curious if anyone had any first hand info on reliability and performance

voodoo_man

Established
Without a replacement barrel, what exactly do they do differently than an OEM slide? Glock 9mm is pretty well renowned for its reliability, so changing the striker doesn't improve the gun.

As I stated, the internals are designed different for longevity as well as reliability, as well as smoothing trigger press.

I wish them luck but when it's priced higher than a blue label glock, I can't see there being much interest for improvements that are difficult to quantify

voodoo_man

Established
I wish them luck but when it's priced higher than a blue label glock, I can't see there being much interest for improvements that are difficult to quantify

I agree, unfortunately though, you have to pay to play. Cost of business and all that.