Push Up Rear for RDS on Pistols

Thresher8-8

Amateur
So in my mind back up iron sights are for those in case of emergency times when your red dot fails. On pistols people have been using suppressor height sights as back up sight for a while. Does any vendor out there or end user see any feasibility of incorporating a push up rear sight into the RDS housing? It shouldn't need to be too bulky at the back of the RDS's housing. It just needs to be able to stay in position when put there (Up or Down) and be zero'd. In the rare case that your RDS goes down you push the rear up to acquire an iron sight picture to do problem solving. Flip up iron sights have been on rifles for a while but how nice would it be to clean up the pistol RDS system. Thoughts/Comments?

Longeye

Established
The quirks that occur to me:

Keeping the sights stowed under recoil. The fore and aft recoil and return to battery dynamic energy loads are significant.

The front sight is the one that would benefit more from the reduced profile of being stowed.

While I am comfortable not running BUIS on a RDS carbine, the current status of RMR reliability leaves me wanting hard sights available at all times on RMR pistols.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thresher8-8

Amateur
I hear ya. I would love to see both sights as "pop up". I'm not an engineer nor a designer but I would think there is a way to have the sight stay in place even under those conditions. I would think it would be harder for the sight to stay down than up as a spring loaded blocker could slide into place in the up position. I wonder if sight companies are trying to come up with pop up back up sights.