Preferred supplier for IFAK items?

leozinho

I work with some OCONUS locals that do plainclothes protection and I'm trying to help out with med kits and training. I have a couple 18Ds advising me on items.

At first glance I haven't found pre-made kits with exactly what I'm looking for, and for kits that come close, I think I can do it cheaper by purchasing the individual items (partly because a tactical nylon bag with molle straps isn't needed and that seems to drive up the cost of the kits.)

A one-stop shop that could vacuum seal the kit in some plastic would be great. This would be USG purchase, so gov discount helps too.

Looking at around 25 kits - tourniquet, chest seal, hemostatic agent, pressure dressing, plus the little stuff - so not a large order.

Anyone preferred suppliers out there? Looks like everyone and their brother are selling med items.

Thanks.

Chinook will do custom vacuum sealed kits and I think your quantity would meet their minimum required amount. I’ve dealt with them before and have been happy with the purchases and CS thus far. Granted that was about 2-3 years back, my med related purchases are usually piece by piece to replace expired/ used/ damaged items rather then full kits now days.

Longinvs

Quantified Performance
The thing that always makes me nervous shopping around for med gear is the supplier. I only buy from companies that I know I can trust and I'm okay paying the premium that comes along with that to avoid potentially getting some Chinesium knock off product. The CATs are a good example. If you buy one on amazon from some random drop shipper that is 5 bucks below NAR's price they're probably fake. To specifically answer the question I've bought kits from ITS Tactical, and components from Dark Angel, NAR, and H&H.

CS0817

A benefit of having the end user “building” their own kit is that they get to handle the items and know where everything is. Eleven 10 Medical is my go to source.

jwr_patriot

Amateur
North American Rescue sells a lot of their stuff on amazon as well. I built my kit with NAR components (all the components you listed plus a little more) for less than I can buy the kit anywhere.
People dog on amazon because there is a lot of cut rate crap out there, but if you pay attention, you can get it from a reputable seller for a little cheaper.
I can send links if you want, I plan on building out a few more here soon.

David Mayeur

You REALLY have to pay attention when purchasing from Amazon. Items labeled from NAR are typically from a third party seller. I'll pay the extra few dollars for peace of mind.

Chinook Medical is my go to.

jwr_patriot

Amateur
You REALLY have to pay attention when purchasing from Amazon. Items labeled from NAR are typically from a third party seller. I'll pay the extra few dollars for peace of mind.

Chinook Medical is my go to.

You are definitely right about that. It takes a bit more effort but for someone like me on the tightest of budgets, the few bucks I saved as I bought a piece at a time helped me get what I needed. For someone like the original poster, this might not be the route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk