Preferred Sling?

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
What sling do you guys prefer (and for what kind of gun)? I've used the SOB, VTAC, BFG/Vickers, Magpul (MS2, MS3), and padded variants of most of these; now I use the SOB on carbines, the padded BFG on shotguns, and the rest when/if I forget my preferred slings.

- Jake

TomF

Old school nonpadded VTAC is my preference. I have a number of WOTG slings around and I like them too, but the webbing is too flimsy and I find I get hung up in the loop at the front of the gun during reloads and whatnot. I have a padded VTAC on my SPR-ish gun.

tdb

Been using the same padded VCAS for 4 years now on M4s and my AR. Afghanistan, drill weekends, personal shooting. Still going strong. Wouldn't mind trying something else, but don't really have a need since the VCAS is still working well.

ptrlcop

Established
Padded multicam vtac. On everything to include my deer rifle and rabbit hunting 20ga. Carries well front or back and can be used as a shooting aid.

WayneF

Padded VTAC and VCAS on all of my ARs. I still prefer a single point on gauges, I have an unknown name bungee sling that Awerbuck gave me a few years ago that I use for them.

regdudedrtyjob

I have the Proctor Sling on my AR at home, seems to be working well so far. At work, all the pool rifles have the VTAC padded 2-point on them, I really like that sling.

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
I've become very partial to the VTAC w/ Bungee. Essentially the same as the Armageddon Carbine Sling. I can keep it nice and tight to the body, but be able to extend it all the way out to a full presentation of the rifle without having to mess with the adjustment.

tact

Simple 2 point from Gear Sector. I keep trying all these other flavors and end up going back to the simple one.

jaycannon

VTAC 2 point. Looking at something new. THe WOTG or the VTAC bungee. I like the ability to keep the sling tight and still stretch it to come up on target.

JD Williams

LE patrol carbine context. Proctor sling. No special attachment points needed may be its biggest pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
A 2 point adjustable.

BFG VCAS or Victory, unpadded as I generally wear body armor.
Magpul MS1 with dual QD's.

I wouldn't mind trying the SOB again, but I need one with a QD point on the front instead of the mash hook I originally had.

Erick Gelhaus

Staff member
Carbines have padded BFG Vickers on them; 14" 870 has a BFG single point as it doesn't lend itself to another set-up; hunting rifle has padded VTac on it.

jmatt511

Amateur
Started out with the Magpul MS2 single point with a RSA rail attachment for 2 point contact. Have since evolved to the Vickers with QR releases.

N

nate89

Padded 2 point VTAC for now. I'm sold on the 2 point, so I think a BFG is in my future as well.