Powertac

jnc36rcpd

I've carried smaller Powertac flashlights off duty for several years and been pretty happy (apart from the one that didn't work at all). Anyone have any experience with using the Powertac Warrior as a weapon light? Thanks and be safe.

jnc36rcpd

Nor have many people. I discovered their products at a police supply store in an adjacent county. Overall, the products seem pretty solid, but I'd prefer to see some testing other than just my own.

David Mayeur

Powertac lights are low quality imitations of lights from Fenix, Nitecore, and FourSevens.

If you're going to buy a Chinese made light, at least buy something from Nitecore or Streamlight.

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
I’d have to say I’ve had pretty good experience with my powertac. It gets hot a lot faster but it rode in my pocket on a full time major metro Swat team for years. Somebody bought a bunch for some work guns. They got beat hard. I finally got them replaced because they were heavy and bulky and output was outdated but I only remember one going back for service. For a handheld utility I’d not discount it. They were pumping big lumens when SF was still resting on their GWOT contract laurels at 500. What SF puts out now is a much better product. The Powertac was the first light I had that was dual fuel with 18650’s and 123’s long before SF or Streamlight had it.

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
The warrior was the weapon light series some guys had. I would not use it for such because of the form factor. Big bulk for output. Cheap mount. The handheld I have is an E5 or something like that

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
Wookie mentions the Four Sevens. I got one of those as well and the quality and construction was very similar to the E5. A buddy has the new E5 when he lost his original for a while. He liked the older button function better than the newer one. Both of us had more than 5 years with those E5’s at work and hunting.

jnc36rcpd

Thanks, Oak City. I was playing with the Warrior last night and I would tend to agree with your assessment. While it was certainly functional, it didn't see to put out the useful lumens that Surefire and Streamlight seem to do.

I've been carrying one E5 or another for off duty and now in retirement the past several years. I've been pretty happy with its performance and size. While I'm not a great fan of multi-setting lights, the E5 (and the Warrior) seem to have the best set-up to avoid sur[rises/