Potentially dumb question; Glock in an AR mag pouch

Redrushin

I’m putting together a ‘bump in the night’ rig that would be quick to don. I currently have a chest rig with the typical 3x integrated mag pouches. I’m contemplating shoving a glock 21 in the right most mag pouch. I’d likely make a kydex trigger guard cover secured with paracord.
I understand that this is suboptimal but am trying to make do with what I have available for the immediate future. I’ve seen similar rigs from back in the day but wanted to approach those that have tried this to see if this is a horrible idea for an unforeseen (by me at least) reason. Thank you kindly for the time and consideration.

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
This is a dumb idea.

Firstly, stop with the fantasy of kitting up when you get spoked at zero dark thirty. Get a gun and check it or bunker and call for help.

Secondly, it’s not wise to store something so vital as secondary weapon in a pouch it wasn’t designed for. There’s two parts to this. Storage of a firearm in insecure manner and carrying a firearm in an insecure manner.

Redrushin

This is a dumb idea.

Firstly, stop with the fantasy of kitting up when you get spoked at zero dark thirty. Get a gun and check it or bunker and call for help.

Secondly, it’s not wise to store something so vital as secondary weapon in a pouch it wasn’t designed for. There’s two parts to this. Storage of a firearm in insecure manner and carrying a firearm in an insecure manner.

You make good points.
I’m aware of the speed that a home invasion-type scenario would likely occur. My primary plan revolves around the j-frame habitually kept in a pocket on my personal.
This rig would be utilized if given the opportunity to bunker up. It would be kept in a safe, with the AR, that is left unlocked when I’m home.
If I were to develop a kydex insert that retained the pistol and kept the trigger guard secure, what other things would I want to keep in mind?
Thank you for the input, the pouch will likely house more IFAK for the time being.

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
OK, pick one. Bump in the night or dressed going about your day. Don’t change the scenario when you don’t like the response.

If you insist, get a belt that holds all of that and ditch the chest rig. It’s quicker to put on and they make real holsters for guns mounted to belts. Pistols mounted on the chest are unnatural to draw.

I still think you’re living in fantasy land.

MrMurphy

My initial oh shit response is my duty pistol. If 18 rounds don't fix it, there's other guns getting involved. If I have a minute or two warning (I live on acres), issued PC and AR, skip the pistol... my driveway is 200 yards long. But realistically it'll be a pistol response and if I'm really lucky i will be wearing pants, which have a holster and a reload.

Tropleo

My initial oh shit response is my duty pistol. If 18 rounds don't fix it, there's other guns getting involved. If I have a minute or two warning (I live on acres), issued PC and AR, skip the pistol... my driveway is 200 yards long. But realistically it'll be a pistol response and if I'm really lucky i will be wearing pants, which have a holster and a reload.

It’s alot more fun without pants Murph!! As always great points