Poll on ATPIAL/DBAL use

Chet

I'm trying to conduct a survey of the IR laser/illumination use. I'm putting together a presentation for our admin on the use of these products. I'm trying to show, among other things that they are currently in greater use than they believe. I'm just requesting a reply indicating departments. Thank you in advance! Chad Fuchs

Minneapolis PD SWAT

Longeye

Established
I'm trying to conduct a survey of the IR laser/illumination use. I'm putting together a presentation for our admin on the use of these products. I'm trying to show, among other things that they are currently in greater use than they believe. I'm just requesting a reply indicating departments. Thank you in advance! Chad Fuchs

Minneapolis PD SWAT
My Sheriff's Office is 19 sworn at full compliment. Four guys are issued everything. PVS 14, and PEQ 2. Four more sets are being bought this year, with that continuing on a year basis until all are equipped. Everybody has helmets and gas masks. I am the only one with a PEQ15. Hopefully, that can change.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Chet

My Sheriff's Office is 19 sworn at full compliment. Four guys are issued everything. PVS 14, and PEQ 2. Four more sets are being bought this year, with that continuing on a year basis until all are equipped. Everybody has helmets and gas masks. I am the only one with a PEQ15. Hopefully, that can change.

What SO do you work for?

Longeye

Established
Toole Co. MT. Rural but with city taskings as the town's in the county have no PD.

sreidy

Amateur
Our agency doesn't use them, but I know LAPD SWAT is using DBALs and the guys at Orange County SWAT are using Wilcox Raptars.

Lobsterclaw207

Cumberland County SO, Maine.

We have a bunch of NVG's and two PEQ-15's, with more of the lasers coming. We successfully argued that if we were going to use NVG's we needed a way to engage while wearing them.

Longeye

Established
We T&E'd the Raptar. It is a great system, particularly with the 300 lumen head. It offers a lot of capability. The only down side is that the mounting system requires your 1913 rail to have 1/4x20 holes at the 12 o'clock. Most rails are not so equipped. An adaptor is available, but is not compatible with FSB, without advanced armorer level support. Outside of that I really like the concept. With that caveat, the PEQ-15 or the MAWL are the two best systems for LE currently.

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
We T&E'd the Raptar. It is a great system, particularly with the 300 lumen head. It offers a lot of capability. The only down side is that the mounting system requires your 1913 rail to have 1/4x20 holes at the 12 o'clock. Most rails are not so equipped. An adaptor is available, but is not compatible with FSB, without advanced armorer level support. Outside of that I really like the concept. With that caveat, the PEQ-15 or the MAWL are the two best systems for LE currently.

That's really interesting; I used to own a Raptar Lite (white light instead of rangefinder), and was so disappointed in it that I got rid of it as quickly as possible. The concept was great, but there was a delay between when I TOLD the light to activate and when the light ACTUALLY activated...and the delay was just long enough that I would activate the light in a doorway and be all the way to my corner before the light finally turned on.

I think a PEQ and Surefire is where it's at right now if you need IR and white light on the same gun.

Having said that, I haven't had the chance to try a MAWL yet, and I hear great things.

- Jake

Dr. No

Our team is stuck using DRMO Atilla 400's. Unfortunately IR lasers aren't high on the priority list right now.

TXLEO

We are staring to get DRMO PEQ15 and LA5s for our regional team. I have a quote from MAWL but not holding my breath.........