Pocket knives and Duty holsters.

So to start I am not LE or Mil. I just like guns and believe that having at least some gear to go with them is a good thing. I posted a while ago about what fixed blade to have on a battle belt (https://primaryandsecondary.com/for...est-fixed-blade-knife-for-a-battle-belt.6455/). The main reason I even have a fixed blade on my battle belt is because with my Safariland mid ride on it blocks my pocket knife, I carry strong side front pocket and have for probably about 20 years or as long as I've carried a pocket knife. My question is; should I start to carry in a different place like strong side back pocket? Or just deal with having to dig under my holster to get to my pocket knife?

JLL2013

Do you need to rapidly get to your pocket knife with you strong hand?
If it's a utility folder, probably not. I think it doesn't really matter where it rides.

I ran into the same issue. Carried a Benchmade griptillain in the front right pants pocket which my Safariland holster blocked. I kept a Gerber Center Drive mutli-tool in a Leatherman MOLLE pouch just in front of my holster on the belt for utility purposes. I mounted an issued Benchmade Nimravus to the left side of my cummerbund for a left hand draw as a GTFO tool, but 99% of the work I did was with the multi-tool. I kept the folder in my pocket as a last ditch pocket item, but it was never pulled out if I had kit on.

MrMurphy

I carry a Triage left front primarily as a tool and a Benchmade punch dagger on the left ankle for GTFO me if in a grapple.

I had to go for the Triage in a fight where a half cuffed guy went for my gun while I had him pinned to a wall. Ended up not stabbing him but it was a second away from it.

Fatboy

Established
Pocket knife under the holster with a deeper riding clip. I also push the holster forward some to clear the pocket. The spare knife is in my concealed carrier and can be accessed with either hand.

I went to L front pocket carry many years ago for this same reason. Even off duty my folder rides there. Could be useful in a weapon retention situation as well? I have a Colonel blade behind my mag pouches for that reason on my Batbelt.