Plate not high enough in carrier

M6B

I need to move my plate up about 1-3/4 inches in my carrier to get it to the correct spot it should be in for optimum protection. What have you guys done to move a plate up or support a plate like that, or what have you seen?

sawlaw1

I bought a Velocity/Mayflower carrier and it has a strap built in to do that. If I had a carrier without such a strap I bet some gorilla snot could be used to attach a panel of loop and then a bit of webbing with some hook on the end could be sewn in to replicate this. Other people use foam inserts in the bottom of the carrier. What plate are you trying to insert into what carrier?

M6B

Sawlaw, seems like the foam would collapse under the weight of the plate, wouldn't it?
I appreciate your response though.

M6B

I appreciate your taking the time to try to help Sawlaw. I thought there would be more responses to this. I am going to try a pool noodle. Thanks!

Gypsy EDC

I need to move my plate up about 1-3/4 inches in my carrier to get it to the correct spot it should be in for optimum protection. What have you guys done to move a plate up or support a plate like that, or what have you seen?
Some high density neoprene could work take up the dead space under the plate

Wing Nut

I have used pipe insulation and duct tape to keep it positioned. It worked. A pool noodle would probably work better. If you can spare the room, I added a piece of foam to the top of the plate to pad it from a bump to the jaw.