Pistol WML recommendations

Hey y'all, I'm looking for a light recommendation for my gen 3 Glock 22. Looking for the best light I can get for ~$200 or less. Compatible holster recommendations are also appreciated, for competition/training, not duty or concealment (yet). I've found the advice I've picked up around here to be really good so far, so I figured I'd run this by you guys and see what I can come up with.

+1 for the Streamlight TLR-1HL. For the money it’s hard to beat. I’ve been running that for a few years now with no hiccups. I’ve had it through several classes with high round counts and lots of drills that involve hitting the deck pretty hard. Again, no problems. As a point of reference, I’ve repeatedly used it on targets out to 50 yards and the light provides good visibility at that distance. That was in near complete dark though, so that range might decrease with more ambient light.

Steven Cali

Quantified Performance
+1 for the Streamlight TLR-1HL. For the money it’s hard to beat. I’ve been running that for a few years now with no hiccups. I’ve had it through several classes with high round counts and lots of drills that involve hitting the deck pretty hard. Again, no problems. As a point of reference, I’ve repeatedly used it on targets out to 50 yards and the light provides good visibility at that distance. That was in near complete dark though, so that range might decrease with more ambient light.
I actually did end up getting the streamlight, and I love it.

tact

ArmsUnlimited has Surefires for $192.......clearly no reason to get a subpar Streamlight.

afdd54fd155f64cba2c77c947bc167cd.jpg

Clay1

I did order another X300U. I already owned an earlier version B and I noticed that the H35 doesn't even have an A version available. I ordered another X300U-B. Same girl that I came to the dance with.

I bought two Tenicor holsters recently. One for a full sized X300U and another one for a compact WML. Since the XR-1 still isn't available what does everyone think of a Nightstick 550XL?

Barry B

So, question on the X300U A vs B. I want a light for my G19 which is my house gun, with a TiRant 9M on it. BUT, I use that gun as a carry gun as well. So quickly removing the can/light is a concern.

My question is does the A version with the quick connect mount securely to the Glock rail???

Thanks in advance…

Barry

marcusa

So, question on the X300U A vs B. I want a light for my G19 which is my house gun, with a TiRant 9M on it. BUT, I use that gun as a carry gun as well. So quickly removing the can/light is a concern.

My question is does the A version with the quick connect mount securely to the Glock rail???

Thanks in advance…

Barry
The short answer is yes. I've found X300U-A's to vary somewhat on how snug they are when mounted on a G19, but you have some adjustment via the screws on the light mount. The X300U-A also comes with a "rail lock" accessory which can add some mounting security at the expense of slightly more difficulty in removal. Either way the light mounts securely, is very easy to install and remove quickly and generally the X300 lights are up on the list of most recommended WMLs.