Phlster Spotlight

Does anyone have any experience with this holster? I'm thinking of getting one but I'm finding it nearly impossible to find any reviews/videos on the spotlight. Thanks in advance.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
I have one. If you are looking for aiwb for glock with weaponlight, this is it. Built in wedge is more comfortable for me than foam wedges. claw is low profile and effective.

the overall design is slim and minimal. the gun snaps cleanly into the holster - is compatible with rds guns too

Phlster now advertises on P&S too.

Helios

It's definitely a holster worth getting. I've been using one since February, and I've never had a holster do everything so well. It makes my G34 with an RMR, X300U, and TTI +6 basepad disappear. It's also comfortable enough that I wore it for 48 continuous hours(including through 6 hours of sleep) while I drove from Mississippi to Las Vegas. The claw does it's job well, and even while only using one belt loop, the claw doesn't shift or try to run away from your belt. Retention is positive, yet smooth.

Conclusion: It won't be easy to find another holster as good as the Spotlight, and it will be even more difficult to find one that also matches the price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JLL2013

Agreed on all counts. Also fits my KKM comped G17 which is great!

It's definitely a holster worth getting. I've been using one since February, and I've never had a holster do everything so well. It makes my G34 with an RMR, X300U, and TTI +6 basepad disappear. It's also comfortable enough that I wore it for 48 continuous hours(including through 6 hours of sleep) while I drove from Mississippi to Las Vegas. The claw does it's job well, and even while only using one belt loop, the claw doesn't shift or try to run away from your belt. Retention is positive, yet smooth.

Conclusion: It won't be easy to find another holster as good as the Spotlight, and it will be even more difficult to find one that also matches the price.

RICKDAWGGG

Industry Nobody
Staff member
I've been using one for EDC for about 4 months now, and it has performed very well. The design is well laid out and allows me to conceal a Roland Special(ish) G19 easily. It's as comfortable as you can ask given the task it has to perform, and while that can be a subjective matter I have found it to work great.

WAVandal

For those who have used it, would you say it is more or less comfortable than the RCW Eidolon I'm using now? I ended up taking off the rubber "wedge" because of the discomfort it caused while seated. I'm looking for a AIWB for use with a G19/G19X and my X300U.

Helios

I can't speak on experience with the Eidolon, as I haven't used one, but I can say the Spotlight is worth trying if you're looking at it. It's not expensive at all, and it's even cheaper with the multitude of discount codes out there for it(including one that Network Support members have.) If you do end up not liking it, then it shouldn't be hard to offload to someone on this very forum for a little less than what you paid for it.
For those who have used it, would you say it is more or less comfortable than the RCW Eidolon I'm using now? I ended up taking off the rubber "wedge" because of the discomfort it caused while seated. I'm looking for a AIWB for use with a G19/G19X and my X300U.

I’m a huge fan of the spotlight. Much more comfortable than the g code incog I had before it. The wedge plus the claw allows me to get away with a g17 with plus 2 extensions and no printing, YMMV on that. As far as the eidolon goes, I don’t know if it’s a fair comparison since it’s not light bearing. I have also started using it in conjunction with the flex panel. I really liked it initially, but after living with it for a couple months, I’m starting to like it less. Jury’s still out on the flex.

djsticky

Amateur
It is definitely worth a try. High quality, well thought out, great price and shipping time.

I've carried one since the beginning of the year. Glock variety with a TLR1 and more recently X300U. Used with a Bianchi leather belt, SOE EDC and Ares Aegis. I only switched to AIWB within in the last 12 months so I don't have a lot of points of reference besides a G-code Incog which was wholly unacceptable due to, I think, it's lack of a claw.

I bought it to try solely based off it's reputation in this circle and was not disappointed.

Elite0651

The spotlight is absolutely fantastic. I've used the edilion with the wedge to sidecar style holsters and everything in-between. The spotlight outshines it. The wedges are not comparable at all. It's more natural and is not unconfortable like the edilion is.

HopsCop17

Amateur
I have been using one for a year now. Before the Spotlight I had used a T-Rex Arms Sidecar, and the original AIWB holster offered by CNC Holsters, as well as the more recent Keroman V2. The Spotlight is a much better holster than any I have tried. I carry a G17 with TLR-1 and find it extremely easy to conceal with no printing. I plan on continuing to use the Spotlight and other Phlster products for a long time.

I went to put my holster on a few days ago, and found that it had cracked. I emailed Jon immediately and informed him of what had happened. He told me he would be sending a new shell, and gave me some advice to prevent this issue in the future. Jon recommends that if you are using a very stiff belt (In my case I use an Aegis Enhanced.) that you should use the smaller of the Modwing inserts. Using the large attachment and a stiff belt like the Aegis will put too much torque on the holster, causing it to crack. Jon was almost positive that is what caused the crack in my holster, and said that it was something he was working on preventing on future holsters.

Jon's customer service was great, and I recommend his products to everyone.IMG-0573 (1).JPGIMG-0571.jpgIMG-0572.jpg