Personal Emergency Communications Kit

JimH

Personal Emergency Communications Kit based on Rockpals power station ans solar panel......
pec8.jpg
Case size..
pec9.jpg
Contents...
pec1.jpg
pec2.jpg
pec6.jpg

I think this offers a good, compact appraoch to managing the resources of personal emergency communications..

Vinsynd

Amateur
I think this is a very nice setup.

Is this setup dual fuel? I see the tank next to it but in the rockpals website it doesn’t seem to be able to use propane.

JimH

I think this is a very nice setup.

Is this setup dual fuel? I see the tank next to it but in the rockpals website it doesn’t seem to be able to use propane.
Thanks.
I wish it was duel fuel, but the propane is just there for size comparison.

shoobe01

Established
What's the case? And does it really all have to be removed from the case to work? Not the HTs, but the power cell/charger stuff. A lot of time I'm doing austere environment stuff it's raining, or I have to move reasonably rapidly, etc. Might be cool to try to arrange it so it can work out of the box, even if the lid has to be partly open, etc.

JimH

What's the case? And does it really all have to be removed from the case to work? Not the HTs, but the power cell/charger stuff. A lot of time I'm doing austere environment stuff it's raining, or I have to move reasonably rapidly, etc. Might be cool to try to arrange it so it can work out of the box, even if the lid has to be partly open, etc.
Thanks for the post!
The case is a Pelican like case that Sam's Club had on Christmas sale a couple years ago. I took it all out of the main case to try and dissipate the heat that is given off up during the charging process. The Rockpals battery also has air circulation fans that kick on, so it would be best to give it some space and try to optimize the air flow around it.