Performance On Demand Shooting

Two-Day Pistol and Rifle for Law Enforcement
September 18-19, 2015
Janesville, WI
$225 – LEO/MIL Only
10365855_240930842768144_1771367428317435617_n.jpg

11174879_357083421152885_4073464035961062995_n.jpg

This course combines skills and drills from our Carbine 1 and Pistol 1, at an accelerated pace, designed specifically for the law enforcement officer. We will cover the material in each course, honing the fundamental skills of marksmanship and gun handling required to efficiently and effectively run both platforms in an encounter on the street.

On day two, students will practice these skills in dynamic drills that incorporate transitioning between both platforms – moving, shooting from cover and communicating. The range provides shooting up to 300 yards, and we intend to push the distance back with the carbine to provide officers instruction and experience shooting at extended ranges. Upon completion, students will receive a course certificate for both Pistol 1 and Carbine 1, completing the pre-requisites to take our advanced level shooting courses.

We have not offered these courses together before in a combined fashion. This is a unique opportunity to practice not only the skills covered in our Carbine 1 and Pistol 1 courses, but to gain additional instruction through running the two systems together and at extended ranges.

Topics covered during Two-Day Pistol and Rifle for law enforcement:

PISTOL

-Fundamentals of pistol marksmanship
-Improving the efficiency of the draw-stroke
-Improving the speed and efficiency of the reload
-Shot cadence, timing, improving speed
-Fixing malfunctions
-Long range pistol shooting (out to 100 yards)
-How to dry-fire & train at home

CARBINE

-Fundamentals of basic rifle marksmanship
-External ballistics and zeroing
-Shooting beyond 100 yards
-Increasing the efficiency of carbine manipulations
-Shooting positions
-Barricade positions
-Multiple targets and close quarter engagements
-Moving and communication
-Deployment considerations and rifle setup
-Typical malfunctions
-Transitions between carbine and pistol

Requirements: Semi-automatic carbine with tactical sling, minimum three magazines, mag pouch or carrier. Duty handgun with minimum three magazines, sturdy belt, holster and mag pouches. Appropriate range / duty gear. 350 rounds rifle, 350 rounds pistol.

Go to PODSHOOTING.com for more information.

• Enrollment is restricted to law enforcement and military only.

ptrlcop

Established
This is at my agency's range. Any questions about the area let me know. I may be around playing range bitch on day 2.

Expect a very good student/instructor ratio and a good amount of 1 on 1 coaching in any class from POD.

ptrlcop

Established
I'm going to bump this as it is coming up. We could use some more registrations.

The LE/MIL requirement has some flexibility to it. If you are a CIV that is a part of this forum you can probably get in just contact me so we can talk.