Patrol Carbine Options

WindyCity

Amateur
What are your thoughts on these options? Best ones? Ones to stay away from?

a.Colt
b.Smith & Wesson
c.Bushmaster
d.Defense Procurement Manufacturing Services (DPMS)
e.Rock River
f.Lewis Machine & Tool
g.DS Arms
h.Armalite
i.L.W.R.C.
j.LaRue Tactical
k.Ruger
l.Sabre Defense
m.Stag Arms
n.Daniel Defense
o.CMMG
p.Spike's Tactical
q.Sig Sauer
r.Bravo Company Manufacturing (BCM).

What are your thoughts on these options? Best ones? Ones to stay away from?

a.Colt
b.Smith & Wesson
c.Bushmaster
d.Defense Procurement Manufacturing Services (DPMS)
e.Rock River
f.Lewis Machine & Tool
g.DS Arms
h.Armalite
i.L.W.R.C.
j.LaRue Tactical
k.Ruger
l.Sabre Defense
m.Stag Arms
n.Daniel Defense
o.CMMG
p.Spike's Tactical
q.Sig Sauer
r.Bravo Company Manufacturing (BCM).
My department has a personal purchase rifle program. Most of those vendors are on our list sans DS Arms, DPMS, Stag, CMMG, Sabre, Armalite, and a couple you were suggested to add. To catch any problems we have our own inspection standards that the rifle and optic must pass prior to being allowed to qualify with it and carry it or attend our week long rifle class.

Grayman

Established
a.Colt
b.Smith & Wesson
f.Lewis Machine & Tool
i.L.W.R.C.
j.LaRue Tactical
n.Daniel Defense
q.Sig Sauer
r.Bravo Company Manufacturing (BCM)

All of those should provide you with reasonably reliable service

I would add:
American Defense Manufacturing
Hodge
SOLGW
Geissle

The ones I deleted from your list should probably be avoided

PM07

Staff member
Is this for an agency purchse or personal purchase?

Geissle has a terrific program right now for Individual Officers for complete rifles and a crazy great price.

WindyCity

Amateur
Is this for an agency purchse or personal purchase?

Geissle has a terrific program right now for Individual Officers for complete rifles and a crazy great price.

it’s for work but I can only chose from those manufacturers.

AlphaJuliet

Amateur

BCM unless you have the money for the DD or LMT. Avoid the rest; either the quality is sub-par or you aren't getting your money's worth. I wonder why your agency added Armalite on there; they've been reintroduced and focused on the competition circuit as far as I can tell with a price tag to boot.

Wake27

BCM unless you have the money for the DD or LMT. Avoid the rest; either the quality is sub-par or you aren't getting your money's worth. I wonder why your agency added Armalite on there; they've been reintroduced and focused on the competition circuit as far as I can tell with a price tag to boot.

What about DD makes it worth the extra money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnc36rcpd

I've ridden the rampant pony for years, but Colt is seemingly not offering weapons for personal purchase anymore. While you could probably find one, the price might well be inflated due to the corporate decision.
I don't know if I've ever actually seen a BCM rifle, but I've never read any criticism of their quality.I rolled with a Rock River for a while. I never had issues with it, but my department didn't shoot that much.
You would probably be OK with most of those weapons, but my thought would be to go with BCM.

C Walley

Amateur
BCM. I have BCM, DPMS, Bushmaster and one self built using Aero upper/lower with quality parts. After the first BCM, I have not looked back.

I own a BCM, and a DD, both of which have run great and I would't hesitate to use them for HD, or duty. At work I was issued LWRC and have run thousands of rounds through it and I've never had a malfunction. Overall, we had about 15 LWRC's and I've never seen any issues whatsoever except for a few who look like they shot the barrels out after several years. I'd buy any of those three without hesitation.

bigfug

Amateur
DPMS, and Bushmaster are the same, and DPMS is pretty much done. DPMS also has provided parts and/or rifles for S&W, Ruger, Stag and CMMG, so I'd consider those all equivalent. Our dept (not an officer, IT) just switched from RRA to Sig SBR's for patrol while tac team has DD SBR's.