Pat Memorial Thread

Steve Burris

Quantified Performance
if your question is "Pat who?" suck start a Hi Point.

Share the best Pat stories.

Mine was shared on FB so forgive me if you already saw this. A mod made me do it:

No shit there I was on a date with HH6 at our favorite restaurant in Fairfax, VA. The Wine House for those who may stop buy.

In walks the Leprechaun from Hell. As a good student I address the master by that title. He introduces me to Ellen and I introduce him to HH6, Skylar.

After proper inteoductions we both promptly forget why we are there and start talking guns and shit. I dropped SA and never noticed THE LOOK from 2 different directions. I don't think Pat did either.

Suddenly I remember my manners and invite Pat and Ellen to join us in the Euro style seating The Wine House uses. "No!" resounds from two directions. Two surprised dudes look right and left and promptly come to the same tactical decision.

"Nice to see you, Pat."

" You too Steve."

I am pretty sure luck was not to be gotten in either house that night.

Steve Burris

Quantified Performance
I'll do another one.

I can't post the picture for now...

No shit, there I was at COC in Reading PA, iirc. My agency issued a blue raid vest that I had modified by the best seamstress in the world to hold plates. (Thanks mom!)

Pat would not stop giving me shit about the vest. Eventually I switched to a chest rig and dropped the vest and gunbelt. Mike Heuser, being the ever helpful instructor that he is, came over and started talking about gear and why we wear what we do, etc.

We are jaw jacking and suddenly the liliputian God of War is yelling for my relay and asking if I am done fucking around. The only correct answer is, "Yes Pat."

I get up on line, last. We shoot the drill. Pat cause a stop, right fucking next to me. This is a clue that something is amiss and I am "that guy". Pat walks a circle around me, looks me in the eyes and asks, " Steve, where's your blaster?"

I look down at the empty pouch with retention where it should be.

"Uhhhhj, on my belt in the back of my truck."

Being the kind-hearted instructor that he... I can't write it past tense. I just can't.

Anyway Pat took a pic with me, arm around me in a brotherly embrace, me with no primary and no secondary. Pats voice echoes through time, "Always be sure, always." We make mistakes in training to learn before it is real.