Parallax and Mark 4 4.5x14...

plo899

I performed a data shoot out to 1000 yards today on a new set up. The problem is that I ran out of parallax at about 600 yards.
Scope is a Leupold Mark 4 ER/T. Is this normal? How far should I be able to adjust parallax?

KUTF

Out to infinity..... Did you focus the ocular lens/eyepiece for yourself when you mounted the scope?

KUTF

When you focused the ocular/reticle did you stare at the reticle as you made adjustments or did you close your eye/look away, make an adjustment, check it, rinse-repeat until the image was clear? The latter would be the proper method, according to a Leupold optical engineer I spoke with many years ago, otherwise your eye can compensate for the adjustments you're making, resulting in reduced image quality.

KUTF

Was there any mirage when you were shooting?

Well you've got yourself a bit of a head-scratcher there.... If you're unable to resolve the issue otherwise, it may be time to put Leupold's excellent warrant and customer service to work.

plo899

Just spoke to Leupold ...something is not right, returning scope for repair/replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plo899

I received my scope earlier this week. Leupold said they moved a lense a few thousandths of an inch. Will mount, zero and confirm data out to 1000 yds tomorrow. Customer service was a pleasure to deal with and I received my optic back in 3 weeks. Hopefully issue has been resolved, will post results soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
Consider that that scope is mounted on the M107's for the Army, I would definatly think something is wrong if parallax is giving up the ghost at 600m. Hope you got it fixed.