P3X Fury as WML

JStanton

Are very many people running this light on a rifle? I bought one a couple of weeks ago planning to mount it on my SBR. It's a twist-tailcap for constant on though. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a different tailcap/switch combo for it or just get a different light altogether.

Does anyone who is using it have advice on what switch/tailcap I would want? Also, is there a best mount for a light that size to keep it fairly low-pro in the 1-2 o'clock position? It's a bigger light than I expected when I bought it.

JB3

Amateur
I run one with a tape switch. I've been very happy with it. Carried it back when I was still on patrol.
d2e846f3468dca3d6bdd5cf70962c2a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casey

If you decide to go with a clicky switch, the McClicky is a solid option—I have several in use on various handheld and weapon-mounted Furys, and they work quite well (I actually prefer them to SureFire's clicky switches).

JStanton

The thing that concerned me about doing a click switch is that the light is so big it would take up most of the rail. With a click switch I'd have to mount it on the left or top, and then have to move my hand back pretty far to hit the switch. Maybe it isn't as big of a deal as it seems like.

JB3

Amateur
I used a tape switch so it's momentary activation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IkeInTexas

Vendor
VIP
I've been trying out a lot of different mounting positions with mine. I want the ability to have constant on. Previously, I had the light at 10-11 o'clock but i had to have it forward of the muzzle in order to be able to activate the light (since that light is pretty dang long!) My concern was getting it caught on stuff and ripping it of the gun. It's less of an issue if you have a suppressor. The way I have it now, is with the light behind the muzzle and in a more protected position.

Here's how I have it now. Hopefully the pics will help. The cap is one from and old M961 (you can find them on ebay (XM switch.)) I have the new Surefire pressure pad/ click tape (SR pad.) In this configuration I can activate the light with either hand and still have the light behind the muzzle. Still trying this setup out but so far I like it.

The rail is a Geiselle MK4 so it does have the quad rail right at the end which allows me to have the light mounted without interfering with the position of the tape or BUIS.
Mount is a Gear Sector.

If you wanted to make your light the "EAG" version (only available from BCM) you can buy the Z59 cap.

Links:

SR Switch: http://www.surefire.com/sr-remote-dual-switch.html
XM Cap: http://www.surefire.com/xm07-remote-dual-switch-tailcap-assembly-for-weaponlights.html
Z59 Cap: http://www.surefire.com/click-on-lock-out-tailcap-z59.html

11220824_1561994874047146_8592360129046611828_n.jpg 11222285_1561994894047144_3632021867527166888_n.jpg
12219439_1561994937380473_7643303496714034681_n.jpg 12241647_1561994910713809_7768034839466064734_n.jpg

JStanton

I've been trying out a lot of different mounting positions with mine. I want the ability to have constant on. Previously, I had the light at 10-11 o'clock but i had to have it forward of the muzzle in order to be able to activate the light (since that light is pretty dang long!) My concern was getting it caught on stuff and ripping it of the gun. It's less of an issue if you have a suppressor. The way I have it now, is with the light behind the muzzle and in a more protected position.

Here's how I have it now. Hopefully the pics will help. The cap is one from and old M961 (you can find them on ebay (XM switch.)) I have the new Surefire pressure pad/ click tape (SR pad.) In this configuration I can activate the light with either hand and still have the light behind the muzzle. Still trying this setup out but so far I like it.

The rail is a Geiselle MK4 so it does have the quad rail right at the end which allows me to have the light mounted without interfering with the position of the tape or BUIS.
Mount is a Gear Sector.

If you wanted to make your light the "EAG" version (only available from BCM) you can buy the Z59 cap.

Links:

SR Switch: http://www.surefire.com/sr-remote-dual-switch.html
XM Cap: http://www.surefire.com/xm07-remote-dual-switch-tailcap-assembly-for-weaponlights.html
Z59 Cap: http://www.surefire.com/click-on-lock-out-tailcap-z59.html

View attachment 849 View attachment 850
View attachment 851 View attachment 852

Thanks!

Casey

The thing that concerned me about doing a click switch is that the light is so big it would take up most of the rail. With a click switch I'd have to mount it on the left or top, and then have to move my hand back pretty far to hit the switch. Maybe it isn't as big of a deal as it seems like.
Good point, and I feel your pain. Both of my personal rifles have 14.5" barrels. In order to work with my preferred hand positioning, my P2X Furys are mounted as far forward as possible while keeping the bezels just behind the flash hider. A longer light like the P3X would force me to move my hand back if I wanted to keep the bezel behind the muzzle.

JStanton

image.jpeg Finally got all the pieces together and set my light up. Kind of wishing I had splurged for the dual switch vs the pressure pad. The ease of mounting alone would've have made it worth it. Right now I have the pressure pad and it's just velcroed on. I'll get the other pad or find a better mounting solution eventually. Other than that, I'm digging it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 16

IkeInTexas

Vendor
VIP
Fast forward about 8 months and this is the setup I've settled into. Put 2,460 rounds through it in this configuration. About 1,100 were in a class. The Gear Sector mount screw from ADM broke about a month ago (still gotta let ADM know just too lazy to follow through) so I've been using the Magpul mount in the meantime.

It's still the exact same location but now that I'm 100% suppressed I moved it forward a bit. I actually like the angle of the Magpul mount a little better. If it were made of aluminum I think it'd be perfect. I'm sure the mount is rock solid but I believe an aluminum mount would hold up better if the mount/light got caught on something. Time will tell I suppose.

20160720_193737.jpg 20160720_193730.jpg

The XM tailcap has been great so far and the light has held up really well. The only complaint I have with the setup is the size but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the performance I gain. The Sr07 switch is the way to go as far as I'm concerned. Easily able to activate either constant or momentary and keeps my hand in the natural position. I love it.

Ike