P320 X-Compact and DPP

WAVandal

I can't be the only one looking for some help with this. I have a recently bought P230 X-Compact and a DPP. As Sig P320 users running an optic on the factory mount know, if you install the DPP you lose the factory rear sights on the X-Compact, X-Carry, M17 versions, and X-Fives. If I went to a RMR, I'd have to have the slide milled for a rear sight.

Leupold has their DPP rear sight: https://www.leupold.com/gear-and-accessories/accessories/deltapoint-pro-rear-iron-sight
Galloway Precision makes this one: https://gallowayprecision.com/rear-sight-insert-for-delta-point-pro-sights/
Has anyone used the Galloway Precision insert? $8.00 vs. $80 is a big difference.

Additionally, for suppressor height front sights what are people using for either a lower 1/3 co-witness or normal co-witness. I'm looking for serrated black or flat black. Some of the info I'm seeing reccommends a .400 front sight.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Can’t speak to the DPP rear sight question as I don’t have experience with them. That said as for your question regarding a front sight post, I’d reach out to Grayguns and Dawson Precision for guidance. They have a lot of experience getting co-witnessed irons set up on optics-equipped P320s and should be able to point you in the right direction to start. It may just require a bit of trial and error with varying front post heights before you achieve the POA/POI you’re looking for.

Alma Cole might be able to help here too

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Slight correction - The Springer adapter plate is NOT currently compatible with the Pro Series guns, just the M17, X-Compact, and X-Five Legion. My mistake

358156hp

Well, now one of those odd little things I've noticed makes more sense. There are a boatload of higher end P320 slides and slide assemblies for sale. New and used. I wondered what was going on. Guys are buying the X, RX series and the V-Tacs and swapping slides on them so they can buy replacement slides, machined to the configuration they really want. I have yet to find a machine shop that will recut a P320 slide thats already cut for an RMR. The owners want the X series frame & trigger group, but not the upper. Check out the online auctions, ebay has a ton of higher end P320 slides listed, but the prices are awfully close to what a new gun costs.

WAVandal

I have already returned the slide to it's factory configuration. The gun runs really well, I'm sitting at about 500 of 115 grain, 124 NATO, and 147 HST total. I think Sig did themselves a disservice by going with just a DPP footprint and no available rear sight notch.

The frame and trigger group are fantastic. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it at this point, though Norsso is releasing a compatible RMR milled slide soon.

358156hp

I should have added to my original post that it doesn't appear that the X slides will also accept an iron rear sight. Cowitnessed RMRs with iron sights are very popular, and a heck of a good reason to change slides.

Chriscanbreach

Established
The pro cut slide may soon be supporting a second footprint. Sig did back the wrong horse in my opinion but they have listened and are getting on board. All the slides below are pro cut 70DF1544-5263-4813-8955-FCFF50FB4DD8.jpeg