P320 Holsters Thread

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Figured it would be a good idea to put together a resource for P320 shooters regarding good holsters that work well with the different P320 variants. Any shooter with any holster type (AIWB/IWB/OWB/Retention/Competition) is welcome to post here. Tell us about how your pistol is set up, tell us what holsters you use for what purpose, etc. Pictures and description of your setup are welcome and appreciated! Hopefully this will be a good resource for shooters looking for various options on high-quality gun buckets for the platform. I’ll start;

The two holsters I use regularly for my P320s are an AIWB setup from Tier 1 Concealed (my EDC holster), and an OWB setup from QVO Tactical. The T1C is their Axis Slim model with attached/articulating magazine pouch, all made from kydex and connected with shock cord. From QVO is their Secondary model, a non-retention kydex piece compatible with the Safariland QLS system;

1F74E497-0F4F-4A53-87F2-51C7BE2CC608.jpeg

9F05DC5E-198D-409F-9FAE-EFDDA549F773.jpeg

Each company allows you to customize their holsters to your specific pistol during the ordering process. Both of mine are specced for a left-hand draw, P320 Compact, with Surefire X300U WML, suppressor height sights, RDS clearance, and special instructions to provide additional muzzle clearance for a compensator. Both holsters will also accept and work well with the X-Carry grip module.

E9C9F9F6-FACD-426D-A688-3E3281388EDE.jpeg

Post up what you’re using for your P320s and let’s get another good resource going!

WAVandal

For my single P320 X-Compact I amusing a JM Custom AIWB Wing Claw 2.0 with the Discreet Carry Clips. I'm still waiting for them to release a light-bearing version for my TLR7.

One of my local area PDs is using P320 Full Size with Romeo 1s and a Nightstick weapon light. Don't ask me why. They issue Safariland 6360RDS ALS/SLS holsters.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
For my single P320 X-Compact I amusing a JM Custom AIWB Wing Claw 2.0 with the Discreet Carry Clips. I'm still waiting for them to release a light-bearing version for my TLR7.

One of my local area PDs is using P320 Full Size with Romeo 1s and a Nightstick weapon light. Don't ask me why. They issue Safariland 6360RDS ALS/SLS holsters.

If you’re looking for a light-bearing holster similar to the Wing Claw 2.0, you may want to look at the T1C Xiphos V2;

https://www.tier1concealed.com/collections/iwb-holsters/products/xiphos

It’ll be compatible with the Discreet Carry clips and can be ordered for a X-Compact with TLR-7 (the WML option doesn’t appear on the page until you’ve selected your gun make and model but it’s there). My T1C holster is extremely high quality and everyone I know who has any of their holsters has been very satisfied with it

Stanislao

Currently carrying a M18 with TLR-1 in a Phlster Floodlight. Due to the nature of the holster, the following review is not limited to the P320 platform.

First off, the nicest thing about this holster is that it made by a decent company. In an industry full of multi-week wait times, even fees to reduce your months long wait time to weeks, everything Phlster is either in stock or not for sale. No bullshit with that company, like you'd expect from pretty much any other industry. Costumer support is excellent as well. Jon has personally replied, very quickly, to questions regarding the platform. While they don't list a phone number on the website, their email and Flex User Group on Facebook is so well attended to that the lack of a phone is hardly an issue.

The holster is a universal fit, basically anything with a rail can be used in either this holster or the X300 version. Currently I am carrying 1 o'clock appendix on loops, with DCC clips in the mail. There are also attachment points galore all around and across the holster so you can rig it for any IWB carry style you wish. One of the really nice things about the holster is that it is made of two pieces of kydex, allowing you to open it like clam to mount hardware. This saves a great deal of time and profanity. The holster also ships with a wing and two riser extensions. Anyone who switches guns more often than lights will like this holster, if for no other reason than they have something to carry their new gun in while waiting for the holster.

Now for the downside, and there really is just one. The holster is bulkier than it needs to be for any one gun, because it must accommodate the largest dimensions for pretty well every gun on the market. This makes it somewhat difficult for me to conceal, though a larger person with looser clothing wouldn't have much difficulty. In the near future I'll be switching to a TLR-7 rig, but continuing with the Floodlight for now. This shift is motivate largely by difficulties concealing a larger gun on my diminutive frame, the Floodlight itself will probably conceal fine once I get the DCC clips on it.

DorsalCropped.jpgLeftSideCropped.jpgRightSideCropped.jpgVentralCropped.jpgGapDetailCropped.jpg

Oh, and it stands on the muzzle end when the gun is empty. For whatever that is worth.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Excellent! My brother’s looking for a holster for his new M18 that he plans to put a X300U on, and I’ve recommended that he look into the Floodlight. He also has a FNX9, and although the M18 is the intended replacement for that pistol, I think he’d appreciate a holster that could accommodate either gun with the X300U mounted

Stanislao

So having used the Werkz M6 holster for a few weeks, I cannot recommend it at this time. But I will be keeping an eye on the company as they grow.

First the good. I ordered the holster in the early stages of COVID-19 market runs, and received the holster before OpticsPlanet even shipped my light. Werkz apologized for a slight delay in shipping times, all of four days from order placed to product in the mail. Their customer service representative has been contacting me by email, soliciting feedback and answering any questions I had, while also giving details of the company's future plans. The holster is also compatible with standard hardware.

When the holster arrived I wasn't immensely impressed by the holster body, fit and finish aren't quite as good as Raven or Phlster. The hardware is... well it's crap. The wing is for some reason printed (company says they'll be switching to injection molded soon) and the big claw thing is injection molded. Everything is bolted on with standard Chicago screws and spacing, so I promptly swapped the hardware for DCC clips and the wing off my Phlster Floodlight.

Upon putting the gun in the holster I immediately observed that the sweat guard did not fully clear the thumb safety of my M18 based P320. The X-compact grip also slightly impacts the sweat guard, though not to any major effect. I was able to crank down the adjustment screws and get retention on par with what I had with the Floodlight, so no major issue here.

Carrying the holster for a few weeks, I was never able to figure out if the wing worked very well with the left side mounting points for clips. The mounting holes are bored through the angled section of the holster, right near the fold. Because of this the DCC clips are angled away from the magwell axis. The holster tries to find it's own weird angle and bends my pants to do so. This may help, hinder, or in no way affect concealment, I really don't know.

Two major issues arose when I mounted a Holosun 507Cv2 on the gun via a Springer plate. The angle of the left side DCC clip became a catastrophe, the clip would be driven into the lens of the optic if mounted. So back to the plastic claw I went. Ah, but things get somewhat worse: the plate contacts the holster, opening it enough that I have almost no retention. I'll probably be able to modify the holster into a decent stopgap, but will be buying yet another holster,

Overall I've been extremely impressed with Werkz customer service, but not their product. From conversations with them it is clear that they are modifying their molds based on customer feedback, and designing new models. I may do business with them in the future should they put out anything interesting.

WindyCity

Amateur
Anyone else using a Safariland 7TS holster for your P320 find that there is excessive play/rattling in the holster from simply walking around? Any solutions? I noticed Glocks and M&Ps have much tighter tolerances in the same line of holsters.

Stanislao

I don't think Safariland lists the 7TS as compatible with the P320. Their whole "dial your pistol and wade through dozens of holster variants" dumpster fire of a website makes it difficult to tell. I did see a incompatability warning when I tried to dial in a M18 with a TLR-1HL and RMR after viewing a 7TS variant.