OWB Duty 2011/1911 RDS Weaponlight Holsters

Buck8154

STI
Vendor
Check out the Blackhawk T series...yes I jnow, blackhawk...
It was designed by some guys who shoot more than anyone else in the US, and blackhawk did it right and actually listened. Also 100% US made, and will be available for multiple models soon.

gskip33

Not gunna lie, I bought one of the Blackhawk T Series to demo and try out for science.

I like it actually and I am ashamed. Works great for secondary gigs or court. Very easy way to carry my Glock 17 with RMR on it in a low profile holster with retention.

Will they be coming out with one for the 2011? That'd be great.

Buck8154

STI
Vendor
Not gunna lie, I bought one of the Blackhawk T Series to demo and try out for science.

I like it actually and I am ashamed. Works great for secondary gigs or court. Very easy way to carry my Glock 17 with RMR on it in a low profile holster with retention.

Will they be coming out with one for the 2011? That'd be great.
Yes they will...first articles are to us in April, production will hit 2 weeks after our approval.

808Guy

I’ve heard it mentioned that the DVC-P isn’t compatible w/ the M&P Core L series holsters from Safariland, is that the case? And if so, is there an active retention holster that works w/ the DVC-P?
Love to know this as I have a DVC-Omni.

rathos

Safariland has released the STI specific holsters for the 2019 Staccato-p DUO (4.15"), and for the 2020 P-DUO (4.45").
I had found the part numbers listed on Safariland's website 582(4.10 barrel) while the new 4.4 barrel is 1582. I had also pre-ordered one from cops plus. Glad to hear they are being released.

rathos

@rathos link for preorder from copsplus? what is the base model #

It was actually Copquest.com. Just go to the holster you want and look for the STI model your want. As I mentioned above 1582 is for the new 4.4 inch barrel, 582 is for the 4.1 model. The other numbers are dependent on color and model. For example, I ordered the 6390 STX tactical with X300U with a QLS fork so my model number is as follows: SA-6354RDS-1582-131-MS19.

If you got to copquest it is broken down by gun, and weapon light so you just have to choose the color/style. I am not sure when they are actually shipping, there was no date on that.

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
I received a Midwest Tactical Solutions holster for my -P from Jim Dexter a few weeks ago. I already had an OWB Floodlight that I could run the gun in, but I do also like having retention available. It's a Level II holster with a SLS type hood and adjustable friction fit. It also is compatible with Safariland mounting options. Holds my -P with an X300U and Holosun 507c on a Chambers Custom mounting plate perfectly. Might be an option if you only need Level II and can't wait for Safariland.

SoCo96

I received a Midwest Tactical Solutions holster for my -P from Jim Dexter a few weeks ago. I already had an OWB Floodlight that I could run the gun in, but I do also like having retention available. It's a Level II holster with a SLS type hood and adjustable friction fit. It also is compatible with Safariland mounting options. Holds my -P with an X300U and Holosun 507c on a Chambers Custom mounting plate perfectly. Might be an option if you only need Level II and can't wait for Safariland.

Which gun model did you select for the holster? I looked and they have 1911 Tactical and STI Tactical as model options. Thanks.

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
Which gun model did you select for the holster? I looked and they have 1911 Tactical and STI Tactical as model options. Thanks.
I honestly couldn't tell you. I didn't order it myself. I imagine it was specifically for the STI Tactical, if not specifically for the Stacatto.

JLL2013

Blackhawk T Level 3 First Impressions: overwhelmingly positive.
The holster is absolutely robust and well designed. Personally, I have a lot of repetitions deactivating an ALS and really like the hand position I get when breaking the gun from that particular style of Safariland. However, I could definitely get used to this style of release where you have to push towards the gun (IE outboard) to release. The release for both the spring loaded hood and the lock on the weapon light are integrated so I see no loss in speed by going with the Level 3 vs Level 2.
I'd like to see a QLS style system just for convenience and I'll probably add a leg strap to ease my paranoia.
20200628_194659-1.jpg

20200630_095336-1.jpg

20200630_095351-1.jpg

20200630_095447-1.jpg

20200630_095457-1.jpg

SCSU74

Blackhawk T Level 3 First Impressions: overwhelmingly positive.
The holster is absolutely robust and well designed. Personally, I have a lot of repetitions deactivating an ALS and really like the hand position I get when breaking the gun from that particular style of Safariland. However, I could definitely get used to this style of release where you have to push towards the gun (IE outboard) to release. The release for both the spring loaded hood and the lock on the weapon light are integrated so I see no loss in speed by going with the Level 3 vs Level 2.
I'd like to see a QLS style system just for convenience and I'll probably add a leg strap to ease my paranoia.
View attachment 6651

View attachment 6652

View attachment 6654

View attachment 6655

View attachment 6656
@JLL2013 did you have to modify the Holster at all? Mine is tight as shit, holster lifts away from my leg on the draw. Tried removing the tension screw, but that didn't help at all.

JLL2013

I may have turned the retention screw a bit but no other adjustments or modifications. Which pistol are you using?

@JLL2013 did you have to modify the Holster at all? Mine is tight as shit, holster lifts away from my leg on the draw. Tried removing the tension screw, but that didn't help at all.