Optimal Approved 300 BLK Factory Ammo List/Ballistic Tests for Duty Use

Wallach M

I've been searching, with little success to find an approved list from Doc Roberts for Factory (Not Handloads) Supersonic/Standard Velocity Duty ammo. Can anyone help with this? What I am hoping to find is an optimal round that I can buy in bulk. Thanks in advance.

KyleDuPrey

I run a 9" 300blk unsupressed (for now until my state legalizes) for home defense as my carbine option. P&S has given me good info to largely stay away from subsonic, so good to hear we can rely on at least one brand of super.

Corbon 300blk was also brought up as a possibility in a recent class. Any thought on it? The have a 110gr black tip and a 220gr HPBT just for info. Thanks @DocGKR I always find your info helpful

I run a 9" 300blk unsupressed (for now until my state legalizes) for home defense as my carbine option. P&S has given me good info to largely stay away from subsonic, so good to hear we can rely on at least one brand of super.

Corbon 300blk was also brought up as a possibility in a recent class. Any thought on it? The have a 110gr black tip and a 220gr HPBT just for info. Thanks @DocGKR I always find your info helpful

Kyle. I reload 220g SP subs (300blk) for suppressor use in my home (and in my vehicle) for <100 yd defensive engagements. What info have you learned regarding the aversion to 300blk subs? This is the first I have read of this. I am very curious.

KyleDuPrey

Kyle. I reload 220g SP subs (300blk) for suppressor use in my home (and in my vehicle) for <100 yd defensive engagements. What info have you learned regarding the aversion to 300blk subs? This is the first I have read of this. I am very curious.

Cropduster,

when I stated that I was referring to DocGKR's SITREP modcasts on YouTube where they discuss terminal ballistics. Amazing information and I highly recommend it.

I myself would like to listen to it more thoroughly and take notes this time around. But to paraphrase I believe they were discussing the ballistic advantages you lose by taking a rifle round and making it a subsonic speed.

I don't want to elaborate more for fear of misquoting, but the info is on the YouTube channel. Hope this helps