Offset RDS in front or behind the ejection port?

DacoRoman

I’m contemplating putting putting a 509T on an arisaka offset mount on an LPVO 16” carbine.

I realize that I’ll have to see how it works for me personally, but since I don’t know what I don’t know, where are y’all mounting it, before or after the ejection port, and why?

Thanks!

Royroy

Amateur
I have a slightly different setup. I have a 507 on the unity offset on the unity lvpo mount. Mine is directly over the ejection port. No issues. With your setup I guess it would depend on where you have room and how good your rail is. Obviously if it’s forward of the ejection port and on the rail instead of the upper you would have to check zero after removing the rail for cleaning or maintenance. If you have room on the upper receiver in front of the scope mount that would probably be ideal.

DacoRoman

9E8DA398-D3C4-46DC-B0FD-D02FE5374BD9.jpeg
This is the rifle. It’s got a MEGA receiver/rail. I’m about to mount a Razor genIII in a scalar works leap mount. I think the set up is solid enough for the arisaka mount to go on the rail portion, but I’ll see if it can fit on the actual receiver portion too.

DacoRoman

I don't know about the new ones but I got an early 509 and I felt like I was getting less distortion mounting it to the rear.
I have an early 509 too. Thank you for the data point, I’ll look out for that. I’m planning on mounting everything up in a couple of weeks.