Nvg gear help!

Whiskey

Amateur
Unfilmed tubes are going to give you better light transmission. That may not be the exact term, so I would suggest searching TNVC or SilentSolutions on YT. They go over that topic pretty well. Essentially either way you will probably be happy, the unfilmed will just be a little nicer picture, and I think do better in extreme low light.

Wilcox mounts are really nice. I've gotten to play with them, but I own a standard J-Arm and a Norotos Rhino 2. I hate the USGI J Arm for two reasons. One, it essentially is standing on the ledge threatening to jump off the Rhino at any time. Its not hard to accidentally detach. Two, any time I fold up the 14, when I fold it back down I have to screw around with getting it lined back up on my eye, no matter how tightly I have the adjustment knob tightened.

Im currently researching other options than the USGI J-Arm. Mod Armory sells a widget that allows you to change the Rhino II (which I have no real issues with although it does ride pretty high on your helmet when folded) over to a dovetail mount.