Northern Utah shooting groups

I go shooting any chance I can get. I try to stay well rounded in all shooting disciplines, but it there is only so much my little group with little time off can achieve.

I was thinking that it would be good for like minded individuals to get out and brush up on shooting skills learn some new ones, and have some fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go shooting any chance I can get. I try to stay well rounded in all shooting disciplines, but it there is only so much my little group with little time off can achieve.

I was thinking that it would be good for like minded individuals to get out and brush up on shooting skills learn some new ones, and have some fun.

Exactly what iam looking for. Not a lot of guys are into timing themselves on mag changes or movement on a field. Shooting high crouch and prone. Most guys just want to throw a full clip in and destroy paper that's 30 yards away. I want to challenge myself so I know what I need to work on. I can help people out to iam a former US Marine. I can shoot well and know how to teach those skills.

I am about the same level it sounds like. Just not a lot of time off. You can only get better at pool by playing with better players.

True so how many people do you go and shoot with on a reg? The guys I try and shoot with don't have time or don't want to test themselves. And where is a good spot to practice movement. I have yet to find a range or area where I can.

I have a lot of areas that I go to, and know of, some of them you can even get a sedan into. Time is my problem, I really only have a few days off at home a month.
It's me and another Marine, and a cop that doesn't like strangers (so he probably will not join) mostly.

Right on man well, I understand the strangers deal. Just hit me up when you guys go. We can even go to a range first just so you friends aren't to uncomfortable. I just would be nice to do something new with some new people. I try to go shoot at least 2 or 3 times a month. I will hit ya up before I go if ya want to. Take care man

N

nate89

Me and three friends go shoot 1-2 times a month up a canyon in Cache Valley. We take up target stands with cardboard targets as well as some steel. You're free to come up with us if you want.

N

nate89

No, Northern Utah. It's the Logan area (Utah State University is here as well). Sorry I didn't know there was another Cache Valley in Utah. I assumed (and we all know what that means) that here up North was the only one in the state.

N

nate89

Cool, enjoy. They just had the State IDPA match down there at the farm this week. That is a decent facility if you know someone who will let you use it.

whats up guys so I'm going to be moving up to logan soon. I'm currently deployed and getting out as soon as we get back. just looking for cool like minded people to hang out with when i move. won't have to many friends up there.

N

nate89

Post up when you get here. We try to get out every once in a while to shoot. I also host a weekly pistol match at the range I work for, and you are more than welcome to come to that.

Exactly what iam looking for. Not a lot of guys are into timing themselves on mag changes or movement on a field. Shooting high crouch and prone. Most guys just want to throw a full clip in and destroy paper that's 30 yards away. I want to challenge myself so I know what I need to work on. I can help people out to iam a former US Marine. I can shoot well and know how to teach those skills.
whats up dude who were you with

N

nate89

Just as a head's up. In Cache Valley, many of the canyons are closed to shooting during the winter (starting December 1st). That includes Dry Canyon and Richmond. I believe that Hyde Park is still open though. I run the match at Al's, and I am trying to make things a bit more interesting. Tonight I will have knock-down targets, a drop-turner, and a few other props to use. If anyone has questions about the match, feel free to post or PM me, and I'll help out as much as I can.