Non-QD or Throw Lever 1.93ish mount?

Erick Gelhaus

Staff member
I can find a few QD &/or throw-lever mounts with a 1.93-ish" (1.90, etc) height. Am looking for a non-QD / throw-lever version. Aside from the LaRue VFZ versions, any insights for other duty-quality mounts that meet those parameters? This is for a work gun.

1.93 wouldn't work with the search engine and skiiming the LPVO threads didn't seem to ID anything.

Suggestions or pointers?

Also, which FB group would be appropriate for this?

Erick Gelhaus

Staff member
Boy did that not post right ... Any idea where I can find a non-QD &/or throw-lever mounts with a 1.93-ish" (1.90, etc) height. Aside from the LaRue VFZ versions, any insights for other duty-quality mounts that meet those parameters?

Let me try this version.

NickDrak

Amateur
Geissele is reportedly working on one.

Boy did that not post right ... Any idea where I can find a non-QD &/or throw-lever mounts with a 1.93-ish" (1.90, etc) height. Aside from the LaRue VFZ versions, any insights for other duty-quality mounts that meet those parameters?

Let me try this version.

krax

I'm looking for the same thing. Everything I've found at that hight is QD except for the LaRue VFZ.

I've toyed around with the idea of putting a 1.5" high mount on a 0.5" riser, but there's not a lot of high-quality risers out there and I dislike adding another part into a mounting solution.

RangerRed

F0Uef1k.jpg

Here's a pic of the Geissele 1.93" mount posted by Geissele on AR15.com. There's no word about its release but I'm sure there will be more info come SHOT. Midwest Industries is also supposed to be working on a non-QD version of their tall mount but there's no word on release date. KAC has a 2" tall single piece 34mm mount that's also an option. You can purchase 30mm inserts from the company if you need a 30mm mount.
http://shop.knightarmco.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=KM30194

Erick Gelhaus

Staff member
From the thread on P&S:

Erick Gelhaus
November 8 at 8:28am

Any idea where I can find a non-QD &/or throw-lever mounts with a 1.93-ish" (1.90, etc) height. Aside from the LaRue VFZ versions, any insights for other duty-quality mounts that meet those parameters? This is for a work gun.

3Matt Prime and 2 others
Comments

Clint Achziger
Have you looked at American Defense. Not sure if they have exactly what you're looking for. But they are making good stuff
Like · Reply · November 8 at 8:30am

Erick Gelhaus
Familiar with ADM (and Midwest Ind) as we had booth space near them at SHOT for several years. Their website did not indicate a mount with the description I was looking at.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PSP...221497354563429/?comment_tracking={"tn":"O"}#

Chris Reed
I think I heard on here that there should be one coming out from Midwest here shortly. So maybe wait till SHOT?
Like · Reply · 1 · November 8 at 8:50am · Edited

Drew Yersin
I was wondering about that
Like · Reply · November 8 at 8:34am

Erick Gelhaus
I can probably wait until SHOT, it's waiting the several more months for products to make it to dealers that'd be less than desirable. I like the Midwest stuff. Thanks.
Like · Reply · November 8 at 9:54am

Drew Yersin
Is Non-QD a work requirement or yours?
Like · Reply · 1 · November 8 at 8:34am

Erick Gelhaus
Not a requirement from either, it was desirable as the optic isn't coming off unless something major breaks.
Like · Reply · November 8 at 9:55am

Drew Yersin
So are there features of a QD mount that concern you? I guess my question is why not run QD?
Like · Reply · November 8 at 9:58am

Erick Gelhaus
Because I do not need the QD feature on this particular rifle.
Like · Reply · November 8 at 9:59am

Ryan Feder
It's only a sample of one. I have been using a 30mm scope mount with a rail for a TI from Aadamount on a SPR type rifle for a while with no complaints. Again sample of one.

Like · Reply · November 8 at 8:45am

Drew Yersin
Do they offer a 1.93 height option?
Like · Reply · November 8 at 8:48am

Ryan Feder
That I don't know. Guess I should have read the whole question
Like · Reply · November 8 at 8:54am

Drew Yersin
Interesting mounts for sure. I hadn't heard of them yet. Just didn't see a 1.93 on their site but it's a lil funky on the phone.
Like · Reply · November 8 at 8:56am

Erick Gelhaus
Ryan, took a look through their site. Didn't see anything high enough. Thanks though.
Like · Reply · 1 · November 9 at 11:47am

Blaine Cooper Britt
Is there a reason that the Larue VFZ is not a consideration?
Like · Reply · 2 · November 8 at 8:51am

Erick Gelhaus
Except for some ARMS stuff in th late 90s, all of my mounts to date have been LaRue. Looking to see if there is an option out there.
Like · Reply · November 8 at 9:57am

Blaine Cooper Britt
Erick Gelhaus Gotcha
Like · Reply · November 8 at 10:17am

Richard Sandstrom
Unclear from you post if QD is or isn't an option, but the Midwest Industries high mount is 1.93, tagging you in the post for that Erick Gelhaus.
Like · Reply · 3 · November 8 at 9:01am

JJ Vencius
The Spuhr -3004 is a 30mm/1.89" mount and the -4004 is a 34mn/1.89" version. They're not cheap but are absolutely duty-quality
Like · Reply · November 8 at 9:02am

Stanislaus Katczinsky
How well does eye relief work for LPVO on ARs, given that the 3004 has no cantilever? I'm definitely going to get the Spuhr, so long as the eye relief isn't an issue.

For reference, I'll be getting a Kahles k16i, and I shoot with my stock one click from being the furthest out (BCM Intermediate RE with a Magpul SL).
Like · Reply · November 8 at 10:12am

Erick Gelhaus
The -4004 is for a larger tube, thank you though.
Like · Reply · November 9 at 11:45am

Stanislaus Katczinsky
Erick Gelhaus Here is the 3004, it's not on Spuhr's own website for whatever reason: http://www.milehighshooting.com/spuhr-sp-3004-30mm.../

I'm not sold on it, as it has no cantilever, which makes eye relief difficult. Definitely a solid choice if you...See More
· Reply · November 9 at 10:07pm · Edited

Erick Gelhaus
Much appreciated
Like · Reply · November 9 at 10:20pm

Hunter Osborne
You can get pretty close to the same height (optical centerline above rail at 2") by using a 1/2" riser and a standard 1.5" height mount (Geissele, Aero, Nightforce etc.)
Like · Reply · 1 · November 8 at 9:14am

Erick Gelhaus
Having not gone down the riser road, I'm not sure what the benefit would be to that. Can you explain?
Like · Reply · November 9 at 11:40am

Hunter Osborne
Well, you asked for a non-qd 1.93" height mount. To my knowledge, that doesn't really exist, but there are qd versions readily available. There are also plenty of readily available non-qd standard height optics mounts, which are typically in the 1.4-1.6" range. Which means you'd need a 1/2" riser to reach your desired height.

Personally I just use an ADM tall mount and call it good.
Like · Reply · November 9 at 12:01pm

Erick Gelhaus
Thank you.
Like · Reply · November 9 at 12:06pm

Jon Nelson
Midwest makes a QD version, as stated above, and it is my first choice when mounting LPV's. I am really digging their QD mounts and have started buying them over ADM, due to their QD latch system.
Like · Reply · November 8 at 9:23am

Erick Gelhaus
Thanks Jon, we had booths near them at SHOT for years. I like and, more importantly, am confortable with their products. There is already Midwest stuff on that gun.
Like · Reply · 2 · November 8 at 9:58am

Jonas Andersson
Go Spuhr, they are top of the line products. You will not be disappointed!
Like · Reply · November 8 at 10:07am

Jonas Andersson
Here's mine:

Like · Reply · November 8 at 10:08am

Erick Gelhaus
Checked Spuhr's site, not seeing anything around the 1.93 height. Thank you though.
Like · Reply · November 9 at 11:39am

Jonas Andersson
Erick Gelhaus Isn't this one pretty close?
http://spuhrwebshop.com/en/picatinny/aimpoint/sm-2007b.html

Spuhr - SM-2007b T1/T2 mount
Height: 41 mm/1.614"
SPUHRWEBSHOP.COM

Like · Reply · November 9 at 11:56am

Erick Gelhaus
It appears to close height wise, but I wasn't looking at an Aimpoint mount.
Like · Reply · 1 · November 9 at 12:07pm · Edited

Jonas Andersson
Erick Gelhaus Doh, sorry for being stupid
1f642.png
:)
Like · Reply · November 9 at 12:07pm

Stanislaus Katczinsky
Well, here's some pics of the Geissele, so at least they're willing to admit its out there right now (IIRC, Fisher had some already): https://www.ar15.com/.../278145_Taller_Super_Precision...
AR15.COM Firearm Discussion Forums, Everything From The AR Platform To Tactical Gear
Taller Super Precision Scope Mount? - Page 1 - AR15.COM
AR15.COM

Unlike · Reply · 4 · November 15 at 7:31pm

Erick Gelhaus
Very much appreciated.
Like · Reply · 1 · November 16 at 2:15am

Kevin Strait
Geissele 1.93" mount pic

Like · Reply · 2 · November 16 at 5:03am