Non-Medic's med gear thread

Mike G

Amateur
Vendor
VIP
Since there is a Medic's load out thread I figured I would post up a thread for Non-Medics to post for education or for seeking input whether it be an IFAK or a larger kit here is the place. Include any details about your use that would impact contents when you post.

TomF

Civilian medic but since I have a 6 ton truck to carry work gear, I think this thread fits me better.

My uses are personal (self aid, family and friends), and maybe the public if it looks particularly bad and my intervention will make a difference before EMS arrives. CPR/Bleeding control are about all I have to offer.

Daily EDC:
SWAT-T in back pants pocket
CLEER MBOK, CAT TQ and shears in backpack
Snivel kit with common items in backpack

Vehicle:
Multiples of trauma dressings, hemostatic agent, decomp needles, TQ's, SAM splints, tape, coban, gauze (pads and rolled), NPA's, steth, BP cuff, shears. Fits in a 12x8x6 bag I got from REI. It's secured to the back of the passenger seat in my vehicle.

Andrew Y.

EDC ankle kit, CAT TQ, Halo seals, combat gauze, TK4 and gloves.
Truck kit is basically two DARK kits broken down and some extra gauze and a CPR mask
Training is DARK angel medical, and NOLS wilderness first responder

toddk

Small backpack for daily carry. Medical gear goes in the hydration pocket.
(In all honesty this is my diaper bag for my son. I have it with me all the time, so why not stock it...)

SOFT -T Wide TQ (Adults)
SWAT TQ (Peds/ My kids)
Flat pack OLAES Bandage
14 Ga. Angio (only for my family, not John Q.)
QC Gauze
Nitrile Gloves
NAR Chest Seal
1" medical tape.

Other note... All members of our SWAT Team have an IFAK on them for Self/ Buddy Aid.

CAT (on vest for self aid)

In Ifak
SOFT-T Wide
Celox rapid Gauze
14 Ga. angio
Olaes Bandage
Fox chest seal x2
Personal Medical info sheet.

Michael Ray

Vendor
1 SWAT-T
1 CAT
1 OLAES 4" flat
2 HyFin seals
1 ARS
Gloves

That's also how we diaper bag and how our vehicle IFAKs are set up.

Bigger kit has all of that plus a couple rolls of gauze, a 4" ACE wrap, a 6" OLAES, a second 4" OLAES, 2 more HyFins, more gloves, another ARS, a headlamp, rolled tape, mylar blankie, and NPAs.

In my climbing days I did WFR. Before that it was CLS in the Army. These days I'm fortunate enough to have a former 18D turned CRNA, a SWAT medic, and an EMT in my training circle.