Nightfighter Dec 11-12

victran

Amateur
Tres Pinos December 11-12/13

Instructor: Chuck Pressburg

Preface: Two LMS night vision classes and a number of hours utilizing NODs in night walks and familiarization.

Equipment: Act in Black DTNVS Elbit XLSH via Team Wendy Exfil SL with Wilcox G24, BE Meyers MAWL C1+, Holosun LS221R. Glock 17 w/ Holosun 509t. Glock 45 w/ Trijicon SRO 2.5 MOA

Day 1: We rendezvous at rally point at 1130, arrived at training location by 1200 to setup. We began the class with roughly a 3 hour power-point style introduction of terminologies, Chuck's background with night vision devices, and technology historic progression of the DoD's usage of night vision. We entered the "witching-hour" of the day to which the lighting conditions was dark enough to be able to see visible lasers from the 50 yard line for zeroing. We spent about an hour for the zero process; Chuck traditionally chooses to utilize parallel method but for the sake of time and class size, he chose to have us utilize a converging zero. We then got onto the line and discussed mechanical zero offset at close proximity. Every laser device will have some sort of offset, while parallel method has a constant (say a MAWL being ~2" from bore) with a converging zero we will experience an "X" crossing past your zero distance. We shot NRA B8s at 10, 15, 20, and 25 yards to see how much hold we will need to maintain maximum best accuracy inside the X center ring of the target. Traditional top mounted lasers will require some inboard canting of the laser to maintain that accuracy at close range. I found that my MAWL within 20 yards required that significant inboard canting, almost to which the laser appears to be 12 o'clock axis. Next we were tested on our offset distances out of 20 rounds for a total of 200 points as a timed aggregate, I scored a 196/200. The next exercise we did was a 1-5, (NOT VTAC 1-5) a progression of rounds fired from 1 to 5 at each yard line into our target. We then shot on the move, practiced wide transitions on steel and worked on our reloads to end the night.

ENDEX 0200; 12 hours of instructions.

Day 2: Rallied at 1230 and got setup for pistol work on the 25 yard line. We started with one shot draws at 25 yards without par time to see where we stand with our gun handling and shot process. We then diagnosed our results of ten one shot draws, scored a straight 90. Chuck then had us step forward to 20 yards, told us to go a bit faster and see how many people's wheel falls off with a slightly easier distance; scored a 99. We then stepped up to shoot the Bianchi cup from 10, 15, 20, and 25 yards in the visible spectrum and IR spectrum right after. Was down 3 in the day time with my Glock 17 and down 5 with my Glock 45 under NODs. Chuck demonstrated how to utilize your pistol without full usage of your NODs, usually by tilting the head back to look below your NODs or to the side with your peripheral vision, these were common methods before adoption of red dot mounted pistols. We shot a few iterations of the methods and then Chuck explained that the ideal brightness setting for his red dot pistols is enough that can be seen in the visible spectrum with and without aided white light and accepting the brightness bloom of that setting through your NODs. We then practiced weapon transitions with alternative methods of using white light when utilizing pistol without the use of our weapon lights on our pistols. Next was shooting on the move, we conducted multiple iterations of lateral movement of shooting onto steel. We closed out by running the Scrambler; utilizing VTAC barricades, barrels and bilateral shooting.

ENDEX 0300; 13 hours of instructions.

Closing thoughts:

Chuck is the man.

Simply put; there has been a singular entity that has consistently produced the finest warriors and mentors that has ever graced this Earth and there is Chuck Pressburg who has been such the influence with my own personal growth, development, and progression in the facets of precise implementation of violence. I have never encountered an instructor or trainer in my shooting and professional career who has articulated to such fine details of the use of deadly force upon another human being. His detailed interpretation and implementation of Graham v. Connor is by far the most in depth and grounded teachings I have ever received. It is quite literally every ground that grants the individual's decision to utilize deadly force. The man emphasizes so much on the very outcome of our potential actions because everything we do literally matters upon any consequences of actions on front of the court of law. The very fact of the matter of any sort of action; no matter how justified, frequency of saving the day, but the singular moment of putting a bullet into an innocent bystander will toss every single good deed conducted in your life away into putting you in prison. The very simple coined term of "bus full of nuns" serves as a grim reminder that everything we do will carry that upmost consequence and we have to carry ourselves to that level of mature competency constantly in our lives. As reluctant as Chuck was to entering the public light; I was already wholeheartedly following his words and operational lessons long before the limelight. And the various times where he explains each failure in his life and the demons that follows, is truly humbling through and though. Where we all need to be grounded to such pragmatic outcomes.

All this to encompass mindset and shape your own evolution as a student, validation of skills you already come to the class with but also the very reinforcement of your "why" you come to a class such as this.

For which this very class and interaction between instructor to student; Chuck, you have gained a lifelong disciple.

Thank you.

Luke

Tres Pinos December 11-12/13

Instructor: Chuck Pressburg

Preface: Two LMS night vision classes and a number of hours utilizing NODs in night walks and familiarization.

Equipment: Act in Black DTNVS Elbit XLSH via Team Wendy Exfil SL with Wilcox G24, BE Meyers MAWL C1+, Holosun LS221R. Glock 17 w/ Holosun 509t. Glock 45 w/ Trijicon SRO 2.5 MOA

Day 1: We rendezvous at rally point at 1130, arrived at training location by 1200 to setup. We began the class with roughly a 3 hour power-point style introduction of terminologies, Chuck's background with night vision devices, and technology historic progression of the DoD's usage of night vision. We entered the "witching-hour" of the day to which the lighting conditions was dark enough to be able to see visible lasers from the 50 yard line for zeroing. We spent about an hour for the zero process; Chuck traditionally chooses to utilize parallel method but for the sake of time and class size, he chose to have us utilize a converging zero. We then got onto the line and discussed mechanical zero offset at close proximity. Every laser device will have some sort of offset, while parallel method has a constant (say a MAWL being ~2" from bore) with a converging zero we will experience an "X" crossing past your zero distance. We shot NRA B8s at 10, 15, 20, and 25 yards to see how much hold we will need to maintain maximum best accuracy inside the X center ring of the target. Traditional top mounted lasers will require some inboard canting of the laser to maintain that accuracy at close range. I found that my MAWL within 20 yards required that significant inboard canting, almost to which the laser appears to be 12 o'clock axis. Next we were tested on our offset distances out of 20 rounds for a total of 200 points as a timed aggregate, I scored a 196/200. The next exercise we did was a 1-5, (NOT VTAC 1-5) a progression of rounds fired from 1 to 5 at each yard line into our target. We then shot on the move, practiced wide transitions on steel and worked on our reloads to end the night.

ENDEX 0200; 12 hours of instructions.

Day 2: Rallied at 1230 and got setup for pistol work on the 25 yard line. We started with one shot draws at 25 yards without par time to see where we stand with our gun handling and shot process. We then diagnosed our results of ten one shot draws, scored a straight 90. Chuck then had us step forward to 20 yards, told us to go a bit faster and see how many people's wheel falls off with a slightly easier distance; scored a 99. We then stepped up to shoot the Bianchi cup from 10, 15, 20, and 25 yards in the visible spectrum and IR spectrum right after. Was down 3 in the day time with my Glock 17 and down 5 with my Glock 45 under NODs. Chuck demonstrated how to utilize your pistol without full usage of your NODs, usually by tilting the head back to look below your NODs or to the side with your peripheral vision, these were common methods before adoption of red dot mounted pistols. We shot a few iterations of the methods and then Chuck explained that the ideal brightness setting for his red dot pistols is enough that can be seen in the visible spectrum with and without aided white light and accepting the brightness bloom of that setting through your NODs. We then practiced weapon transitions with alternative methods of using white light when utilizing pistol without the use of our weapon lights on our pistols. Next was shooting on the move, we conducted multiple iterations of lateral movement of shooting onto steel. We closed out by running the Scrambler; utilizing VTAC barricades, barrels and bilateral shooting.

ENDEX 0300; 13 hours of instructions.

Closing thoughts:

Chuck is the man.

Simply put; there has been a singular entity that has consistently produced the finest warriors and mentors that has ever graced this Earth and there is Chuck Pressburg who has been such the influence with my own personal growth, development, and progression in the facets of precise implementation of violence. I have never encountered an instructor or trainer in my shooting and professional career who has articulated to such fine details of the use of deadly force upon another human being. His detailed interpretation and implementation of Graham v. Connor is by far the most in depth and grounded teachings I have ever received. It is quite literally every ground that grants the individual's decision to utilize deadly force. The man emphasizes so much on the very outcome of our potential actions because everything we do literally matters upon any consequences of actions on front of the court of law. The very fact of the matter of any sort of action; no matter how justified, frequency of saving the day, but the singular moment of putting a bullet into an innocent bystander will toss every single good deed conducted in your life away into putting you in prison. The very simple coined term of "bus full of nuns" serves as a grim reminder that everything we do will carry that upmost consequence and we have to carry ourselves to that level of mature competency constantly in our lives. As reluctant as Chuck was to entering the public light; I was already wholeheartedly following his words and operational lessons long before the limelight. And the various times where he explains each failure in his life and the demons that follows, is truly humbling through and though. Where we all need to be grounded to such pragmatic outcomes.

All this to encompass mindset and shape your own evolution as a student, validation of skills you already come to the class with but also the very reinforcement of your "why" you come to a class such as this.

For which this very class and interaction between instructor to student; Chuck, you have gained a lifelong disciple.

Thank you.
To clarify: by “individual” you mean “individual law enforcement officer” correct?

Graham v Connor only applies to law enforcement.