New Walther on the horizon! What do you think it'll be?

What do you think the new Walther pistol will be?

• Optics Ready PPQ (not steel frame)

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Optics Ready compact Walther

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A generational leap forward (fully modular backstrap, scales, optics ready, etc.)

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

Runcibleman

As Matt hinted on a recent episode of the podcast, there will be a new Walther handgun of some sort coming this spring. I don't suppose he'll let us know, but at least we can have fun playing the guessing game.

If you don't like any of the options, post your guess!

I guessed "A generational leap forward." I say that with a specific caveat. I think there will be cosmetic/manipulation changes such as serration changes. Will ship with new plates that have rear sight built in. I am also guessing that the grip will be longer accommodating a 17 or 18 round mag. I think it will be a steel frame as well. That is my educated guess for now. Whatever it is it is probably based on feedback from their currently prostaff that shoots their guns.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Based on the various teases from Blowers, Dexter, and the other Defense Division sponsored shooters I’m going to guess it’s another addition to the SF line. We know it’s optics-ready with a 1913-spec rail:

Supposedly they’re going to unveil it sometime this month though so we’ll see pretty soon

Right, I guessed the longer grip based on the teaser photo from Blowers. The eggplant that was covering the grip was large lol.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Unveiling is closing in fast. The items (plural) provide a great balance of the features people are looking for. These are releases consistent with the best selling and most popular products Walther sells, and the products I have become a big fan of. I see these, right off the bat, causing owners to put their other pistols in the safe because they are being replaced with these new Walther pistols.

I have several holsters for these already. Support is in place for near immediate purchase and carry. If you already have a Phlster Floodlight you have a compatible option.

Arioch

Amateur
Unveiling is closing in fast. The items (plural) provide a great balance of the features people are looking for. These are releases consistent with the best selling and most popular products Walther sells, and the products I have become a big fan of. I see these, right off the bat, causing owners to put their other pistols in the safe because they are being replaced with these new Walther pistols.

I have several holsters for these already. Support is in place for near immediate purchase and carry. If you already have a Phlster Floodlight you have a compatible option.
I could be totally off base, but that sounds to me like they're going to be releasing a competitor for the 365/Hellcat...

cogt3

Quantified Performance
Something Walther with a 1.5 stack magazine and MOS plate G43/365 size does sound like a home run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rudukai13

Pro Internet User

That’s a pretty bold claim...We shall see. There would need to be a pretty significant paradigm-shifting leap forward for me to put my P320s out to pasture

Chriscanbreach

Established
Have they changed the issue we had with the trigger? If the trigger is pulled while the gun is out of battery it will not fire when it goes back into battery unless you cycle the slide.

I’d like to authorize them if this was addressed.

Chriscanbreach

Established
@Matt Landfair
If you have one on hand would you test the trigger for me? Unloaded of course. Put the gun out of battery and pull the trigger. Does it fire after it’s back in battery and the trigger is pulled again or does the slide need to be racked?

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
@Matt Landfair
If you have one on hand would you test the trigger for me? Unloaded of course. Put the gun out of battery and pull the trigger. Does it fire after it’s back in battery and the trigger is pulled again or does the slide need to be racked?
I just shot them an hour ago and still have them in my truck (that i too am in). I will check.