New Ruger Super GP100 - 8-shot competition revolver

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
3D64E4A8-3C4B-4AA5-8FD2-12B14F0617AF.jpeg

The answer to the question “What would happen if someone accidentally left a Super Redhawk in the Agency Arms slide milling machine?” I quite like it.

106A9DE2-9E3C-46E2-BCF0-D04803626446.jpeg

F6578F74-B48B-46F4-94F9-A45DF27FC1E2.jpeg

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/ru...per-gp100-competition-revolver/#axzz5mFRmhM2h

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR) is pleased to introduce the 8-round, Ruger Custom Shop Super GP100 competition revolver chambered in .357 Magnum. With its factory-tuned action and pleasing ergonomics, the Custom Shop Super GP100 takes the traditional Ruger revolver to the next level and is ready to compete, right out of the box.

The Custom Shop Super GP100 features polished and optimized internals, a centering boss on the trigger and centering shims on the hammer, which combine to produce a smooth, double-action trigger pull and a crisp, consistent let-off. Together, the adjustable rear sight and quick-change fiber optic front sight create a great sight picture for rapid target acquisition.

The stainless steel frame, cylinder and barrel are PVD coated to provide corrosion resistance, durability and reliability. Utilizing the renowned action of the Super Redhawk, the Super GP100 also contains a two-spring lockwork arrangement providing an even double-action cycle and reliable ignition.

The half-lug 5.50″ sleeve and shroud barrel is contoured for fast manual ejection and features an 11° target crown for competitive-level accuracy. Aesthetic cuts in the barrel shroud and cylinder help reduce overall weight and improve balance. The cylinder and extractor are cut for moon clips to speed reloading during intense competition. The .357 Magnum chambering allows the revolver to accept factory .38 Special cartridges.

I think as soon as there’s a RDS mount available for this, I’m getting one

Ccorden

Suggested retail is 1500, honestly you could get a whole competition setup with a s&w 929 for uspsa Revo division for about the same price. Just my 2 cents. It looks pretty slick though

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I imagine actual price will be a couple hundred dollars less, more in line with what a 929 goes for. Plus when it comes to wheelguns I’ve always just been more of a Ruger guy and would want something in 357Mag as opposed to 9mm

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
IF I really were to get back into revolvers, it would be a difficult decision between this and the M&P R8. I still have my fingers crossed that Ruger is perpetually just about to release a competitor to the R8 with rails...

Ccorden

True. Or a 627 6". Allchin makes a pretty sweet optic mount for them. The r8 is great option as well. I will say out of the box Ruger has a better trigger.