New Q5 Match Steel Frame

rudukai13

Pro Internet User

Longinvs

Quantified Performance
Are Q5 Match mags proprietary or common with PPQ or ?
The Pro model needs the aluminum base pads it come with, the base model uses common mags.
Just shot this gun. It's bad ass. I see it being a shadow 2 killer. It tracks extremely quick, as in the sights are back where they need to be for the next shot faster than the run of the mill polymer guns I shoot and faster than the shadow 2s I have shot. The trigger also feels smoother, I assume that's because it's a polymer trigger shoe on a steel frame as opposed to polymer on polymer.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Are there various sized grip outserts or is the grip size on the ones shown at SHOT it?

Walther reps have mentioned they're working on grip panels with different profiles. I imagine some aftermarket manufacturers will fill that gap fairly quickly as well

Frosty_Bear

I shot it at the 2019 Shooter Symposium. Absolutely amazing. Speaking with Cody Osborn and....I forget his name, but he was nice man, very informative. Anyways, there's possible potential for a 4" steel frame model. Partnering that with a PMM or Jarvis Custom Comp and Jarvis Custom barrel would be pretty wicked. The engineering team in Ulm is working on an Acro P1 plate for their modular optic plate system....could be the new hotness in open division USPSA.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User

Someone at least has installed it in one;

355496B9-5A8C-487B-A80A-84E0123F3FC3.jpeg

No context as to whether or how much modification was needed.

The product information page on their web store does include this note;

“For use in the new Q5 Match model (excluding the new Q5 Match Steel Frame / Q5 Match Steel Frame Pro)...”

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Details/192221