NEW P320 X-Five Alpha - Factory aluminum grip module!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
F00E4C6C-F727-4C64-91C2-9CD1EF1E28FD.png

This picture just started making the rounds online of what appears to be a new flagship P320, the X-Five Alpha. Unfortunately all the information currently known is what’s shown in the picture, but even the minimal available details are certainly interesting;

- Aluminum grip module (finally!!)
- Made in Germany
- Interchangeable grip panels for personalizing ergonomics

I have many questions and have dropped lines to any contacts who may have answers, will update here when I receive answers. The grip ergonomics and grip panels are very reminiscent of the CZ Shadow2 (a good thing in my opinion). I have an inkling of concern as I don’t see any pic rail slots on the dustcover, but hopefully that’s just an oversight in the graphic and they didn’t decide to remove the accessory rail on the only metal-framed P320 model being produced...

But regardless, THERE’S FINALLY A METAL-FRAMED P320 COMING!!!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I’m not sure it’s not a fake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photo was supplied by a European dealer, claimed official debut will be at IWA trade show in March and shipping in June. If it’s a fake, it’s an elaborately detailed one

tylerw02

I hope it is real. I’d love to have one. Hopefully no safety versions will be available.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
If rumors are true stateside dealers already have SKUs for it. We should know more on March 9th, when IWA expo begins

Stanislao

Using a 1911 guide rod is an... Interesting idea. I'm assuming this allows the competition scene tuning options?

Also, wood grips for a P320 are becoming an option with this. Hehehe, I'm going to be poor because of this kind of thing.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Yes the X-Five Legion uses 1911 recoil springs as well, makes it much easier for competition shooters to tune the pistol to their specific ammo. The swappable grip panels are also certainly a nice touch - Hopefully the aftermarket comes out with some really grippy options for it!

In addition to the module itself being aluminum it says it includes tungsten slugs in the grip, which makes the overall weight of the gun even heavier than the Legion variant.

I’ll be very interested to find out more from IWA. I’m just hoping they haven’t done away with the accessory rail and that the grip modules will be available individually. If those two things are correct, I’ll be using one of these grip modules as the base for my EVO320 build rather than the Icarus Precision module. Guess we’ll find out soon enough!

tylerw02

Heavier than the Legion? Hmm that wouldn’t work in competition divisions in the US.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I read this morning on SSD that IWA has been postponed. No info yet on how long it’s being postponed.

I’ve seen confirmation of that as well. What effect that may have on manufacturer product release timelines is yet to be seen, hopefully they still release some info. A similar graphic for a new German-made Sig chassis rifle has been making the rounds and reported on already by TFB, supposedly also planned to be released at IWA

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
They just upped max weight in CO and Production to either 53 or 59oz, I forget which.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

While true, I doubt Sig or any other pistol manufacturer would’ve been aware of that rule change early enough to develop and introduce a platform intended to utilize that new limit within the same week of the rule officially being changed. I don’t think this pistol was designed with that particular rule change in mind, otherwise it would’ve much more fully utilized the new higher weight limit.

I guarantee a bunch of manufacturers have already gone back to the drawing board though to update their pistols and fully close the gap between their current designs made for the old weight limits and the new increased limits

tylerw02

Yup they changed weight to 59 oz. that’s what has kept the factory CO Shadow 2 out of the US.