NEW P320 FCU Custom Works Program

rudukai13

Pro Internet User

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/07/23/sig-p320-fcu-program/

...the P320 FCU Custom Works program is a collaboration between SIG and third-party/aftermarket parts makers to offer a new degree of customization for the SIG P320 line of pistols. Consumers will be able to purchase the SIG P320 fire control unit by itself for $299. As the fire control unit of the SIG P320 is the serialized component of the gun, buyers will then be able to hand-select and order the components to complete their build – including the frame, slide, barrel, and other components – not only from SIG but from supported third-party manufacturers. After those parts arrive, the owner simply assembles their custom-designed SIG P320.

You’ll soon be able to purchase a P320 FCU as a stand-alone item from Sig and build it up from there with just the parts you want, like a bare AR receiver. This will be a great avenue to get yourself a personalized P320 without wasting money on parts you don’t want!

Stanislao

Three hundred for the stock FCU seems a bit steep though. But ooh, fancy colors on the FCU and third-party stuff shipping from one address. A car like configurator listing all the aftermarket parts would be... Devastating to my pocket book.

Might go the FCU route for the SBR project I have in mind.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Three hundred for the stock FCU seems a bit steep though. But ooh, fancy colors on the FCU and third-party stuff shipping from one address. A car like configurator listing all the aftermarket parts would be... Devastating to my pocket book.

Might go the FCU route for the SBR project I have in mind.

Based on the info spilling out of the #p320collective hashtag in IG, a car-like configurator that includes third-party aftermarket options direct from Sig is right on the money. Formal announcement on Monday, we’ll know for sure then!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
6C68CC75-3BAA-45E7-8129-728198F6BF5A.jpeg

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/s...ntrol-units-and-roll-out-the-p320-collective/

As SIG SAUER’s Chief Marketing Officer, Tom Taylor, told a room full of gun writers, accessory makers and even a few competitors last week, the New Hampshire gun maker wants their modular P320 to be thought of in the same way as the 1911 and the AR-15. They want it to be a “universal” platform around which revolves scores of parts, accessories and add-ons made by custom shops and parts makers all around the country. That’s why SIG has decided to sell P320 Custom Works fire control units as a stand-alone item beginning the first of October. You probably know that the internal fire control unit is the part of the P320 that’s legally a firearm. It’s the serialized part that requires a background check and transfer through an FFL. Every other part of the P320 can be and is sold over the counter. The grip, the slide, the barrel, the guide rod, sights…every other part can be delivered right to your door.
The stand-alone P320 Custom Works Fire Control Unit, to be sold at gun stores, will be an upgrade over the standard FCU that’s in most SIG P320 pistols currently sold. They’ve given them a gold titanium nitride finish and a Legion skeletonized trigger. You’ll be able to buy the FCU, then add your own slide, barrel, frame and other parts to complete the gun the way you want. Or…SIG is putting the finishing touches on a P320 configurator site — the P320 Studio — that will let you choose from a range of all the parts and build your own gun. So you’ll buy your Custom Works FCU at your local gun store, then take it home and register it in the configurator. Any parts you buy through the P320 Studio will get a 10% discount and be shipped to your door. As you’d expect, all of those parts will be made by SIG…at least at first. The reason all of those other makers were in the room with us last week is SIG will be including competing companies’ products in the configurator, too. Which is why they’re calling the entire program the P320 Collective...So eventually, you’ll be able to build your gun using the P320 Studio configurator and select from parts from a range of companies, mixing and matching the slides, sights, grips, etc.

Stanislao

Saw that earlier today, will waste time on it after work. Any indication that colors other than gold for the FCU will be available? I really don't like how garish it is.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Saw that earlier today, will waste time on it after work. Any indication that colors other than gold for the FCU will be available? I really don't like how garish it is.

I believe the stand-alone FCU will only be available with the TiN (gold) finish. If it’s visually bothersome though, all you have to do is switch out the TiN skeletonized trigger for a different one cause that’s the only part of the FCU that’s visible once the gun is assembled