Need new Safariland holsters but HolsterOps is gone. What do I do?

MisterMoad

Looking for a few safariland rds holsters. Used to get everything from holsterops because shipping was fast and prices were good.
Any time i've actually ordered from safariland its taken months to receive my order and its usually full msrp.

Any suggestions out there?

PM07

Staff member
I use Copquest or LA Police Gear as both have live inventory. Beyond that, check with Strohman Enterprise .

LukeNCMX

CopQuest is also good for both researching part numbers and backordering non-standard and less popular configurations. I was able to backorder a ranger green cordura wrapped RDS/ALS Glock 34 holster mounted on a QLS fork and it arrived in the current Safariland.com RDS lead time (3-4 months).

Also subscribe to Safariland's newsletter if you can afford to wait. They usually offer a healthy promo code quarterly.

Matt117

Amateur
If you qualify (LEO/MIL), ExpertVoice sells Safariland/Bianchi for 40% off with a quarterly code. https://www.expertvoice.com/. You just have to take simple online training to “unlock” the codes.

Duty and tactical holsters are excluded from the discount unfortunately. I just signed up and had to figure out why the discount wouldn’t apply to my order.

I did have luck with these guys, when I picked up a 6360rds for my Glock 17.

https://www.stronglikebeetle.com/duty-holsters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Txsapper

Amateur
Weird. Their main page shows only Bianchi Cowboy is not discounted.

Did you do their “training”? It unlocks the code you have to input for the discount.

Attachments

• 1CA99917-7B9E-4815-8CAA-1921B98CAAC9.png
    1CA99917-7B9E-4815-8CAA-1921B98CAAC9.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 14

weaver1032

Strohman Enterprises (the same dude who does solid deals for good guys on Aimpoints) also reps for Safariland. They do great pricing also and Joe is an awesome guy to deal with (retired Marine, current Sheriff reserve guy in VA).

Matt117

Amateur
If you qualify (LEO/MIL), ExpertVoice sells Safariland/Bianchi for 40% off with a quarterly code. https://www.expertvoice.com/. You just have to take simple online training to “unlock” the codes.

Duty and tactical holsters are excluded from the discount unfortunately. I just signed up and had to figure out why the discount wouldn’t apply to my order.

I did have luck with these guys, when I picked up a 6360rds for my Glock 17.

https://www.stronglikebeetle.com/duty-holsters

View attachment 6469
79ce3a12511964042130fedbe3036547.jpg

That’s what came up after I finished the “training”

Wake27

I didn’t know they were on expert voice until this thread so I tried it yesterday. I found the cheapest RDS holster to stay under the limit which is the 6379RDS and it still charged me $149.10. I should try to cancel and see what Strohman offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txsapper

Amateur
I just ran into the same issue. One page says it’s ok to order duty and tactical, the other doesn’t.

Sorry for the bunk info. I was really hoping it was going to work out.

Safariland has their own eStore as well. Order direct. Doesn't seem faster, but their finder works well so I find that I need it anyway to find the exact model number so, while I am there...

https://www.safariland.com/products/holsters-and-gear/holsters/

You are the first person that I have ever seen praise the Safariland Holster Finder. My experience has been that it (and most of Safariland's website) is hot garbage. They make great holsters, but the Holster Finder needs some serious work. For instance, the Holster Finder tells you that they do not make a holster that supports a Glock 17 Gen 5 with an X300u and an RMR... It also explicitly states that a 6390 RDS does not fit a Gen 4 Glock 17 with an X300U and an RMR (I have used this exact setup, it does work). What magic touch do you have that causes the Holster Finder to cooperate with you? Can I learn this arcane skill? j/k

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
You are the first person that I have ever seen praise the Safariland Holster Finder. My experience has been that it (and most of Safariland's website) is hot garbage. They make great holsters, but the Holster Finder needs some serious work. For instance, the Holster Finder tells you that they do not make a holster that supports a Glock 17 Gen 5 with an X300u and an RMR... It also explicitly states that a 6390 RDS does not fit a Gen 4 Glock 17 with an X300U and an RMR (I have used this exact setup, it does work). What magic touch do you have that causes the Holster Finder to cooperate with you? Can I learn this arcane skill? j/k
You have to pick an MOS glock 17 gen 5 and it works fine.

shoobe01

Established
Yeah, what ggammell said. It's really picky about terminology like any engineering-driven tool, but there's nothing else I have found that is an option. So maybe "works well" is too much praise. It's "accurate and comprehensive" :)

Seems most folks ask on forums, and someone reads off what their model is for the thread on a specific pistol model and configuration instead, indeed.

So I have had to provide my exact holster model to several people who asked on PMs (here and elsewhere) which damned model to actually order because the holster finder is weird. But I guess I spend too much time designing over-complex data driven systems so can work through the stupid bits. Maybe.

You have to pick an MOS glock 17 gen 5 and it works fine.
Thanks, I was actually aware of that. I was partially joking, I apologize for derailing the conversation. That being said, I still seriously think that the Holster Finder needs some work; I shouldn't have to select MOS to randomly get certain combinations of gun to work (for instance, it brings up the 6354 DO as a viable option without selecting the MOS option). I've also had issues in the past where I put in a gun and select a particular holster from the list of options that was generated only for the site to tell me that it is not compatible with my gun...