My Setup.

MojoNixon

Established
Used Vibra-Tite VC-3 three different times for this application, came loose all three. Switched to Blue Loc-Tite, no further problems. Used Blue Loc-Tite on a Unity Tactical G17 slide to attach both a T1 and RMR, hasn't come loose in 2000 rds.
Which blue Loc-Tite?

MojoNixon

Established

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Thanks. That's the one I think most use when referencing "blue".
There are multiple formulations of blue and the other colors. At work right now I have 10 versions of Loc-Tite cyanoacrylate (instant adhesive aka super glue) 8 of which are clear and 2 are black.

JohnN

Thanks. That's the one I think most use when referencing "blue".
There are multiple formulations of blue and the other colors. At work right now I have 10 versions of Loc-Tite cyanoacrylate (instant adhesive aka super glue) 8 of which are clear and 2 are black.
I am far from an expert, it was recommended by a friend of mine with many years in the racing industry.

MojoNixon

Established
I am far from an expert, it was recommended by a friend of mine with many years in the racing industry.

I'm no expert, either, just lots of experience over the past 35 years with multiple versions of various colors. Which is why I'm kind of a stickler for properly identifying which one is being used.

Joe _K

Established
How are you liking the T2 vs the RMR? What made you go with the T2 vs T1?
I find using the T-2 is much easier for me to pick up and track the dot, as a guy that wants to shoot more than I'm able to, any small advantage for me is ideal. Also on the Unity Tactical mount the attachment is more solid with the Ainpoint Micros than on the RMR.

I already had a T-2 on my Carbine and decided to have commonality between weapons. Also looking through a T-2 vs. a T-1 is a night and day difference in terms of optical clarity.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Yondering

In my experience in a previous job life (8 years of building and mechanically inspecting oxygen regulators) Vibra-Tite VC-3 flat out did not work if we used the suggested method of curing. The Vibra-Tite engineering group developed a special low heat curing/baking method specifically for our application with VC-3 that did ultimately work. COTS (Commercial off the shelf) Loc-Tite 242 worked as intended without the time intensive baking /curing needed with Vibra-Tite VC-3. When referencing Loc-Tite we should always use the numerical identifier associated with the compound being used (242,440, etc. ) as there are multiple versions for different applications many of which are blue, or red, or green, and purple.

Good post, and I agree about referencing Loctite numbers.

Along with that, I usually recommend #243 instead of #242; they are very similar (both blue Loctite) but 243 is oil resistant with no downside compared to 242 that I have found.

Joe _K

Established
What # recoil spring should I be looking at to ensure the slide returns to battery and good function with 9mm NATO 124gr ball?

Joe _K

Established
Just got my CNC Holsters Kerroman V2 AIWB Holster, really digging it so far.
e64f75d8298b4bec9815e4eee0358f9b.jpg
c2567b28c1897760022387e77da3b52f.jpg
cf7451b8a065a22b2e6d7b76a11d8f1b.jpg

Joe _K

Established
Anyone know of a duty holster that will accomodate this set up? I am mechanically inclined and have some tools so modding a holster shouldn't be that big of a deal. My criteria is that it have good retention and be capable of mounting too a UBL or similar.

Default.mp3

Established
Anyone know of a duty holster that will accomodate this set up? I am mechanically inclined and have some tools so modding a holster shouldn't be that big of a deal. My criteria is that it have good retention and be capable of mounting too a UBL or similar.
I feel like the MasterFire would be the best way to go about this, although that would necessitate a new light.

Joe _K

Established
I feel like the MasterFire would be the best way to go about this, although that would necessitate a new light.
I had considered that, I would prefer a setup that covers the slide to avoid the possibility of the gun getting knocked out of battery.

Fatboy

Established

Safariland 6354DO. You can cut off the bump out for your aimpoint. You can also add an ALS thumbguard to add some extra retention, and it will mount to all of Safariland's belt mounts.

Joe _K

Established
Safariland 6354DO. You can cut off the bump out for your aimpoint. You can also add an ALS thumbguard to add some extra retention, and it will mount to all of Safariland's belt mounts.
Have you done this yourself? Or seen it done first hand? And do you know if it will work with the new Safariland ALS RDS holsters?