My Setup.

Joe _K

Established
Frame:

• Gen 4 Glock 19 Frame with trigger guard undercut and finger grooves removed. Everything stock except:
• Ghost 3.5 Connector
• Apex flat trigger
• Surefire X300 Ultra-B

Slide:

• Unity Tactical Atom Slide FDE
• RMR plate.
• RMR 06
• SiCo Black nitride threaded barrel w/ 1/10" twist.
• TBRCI Mini-Comp V.2 (Not pictured)

481a2351dd3abdac94f9d514079dfe11.jpg
84b078bcfc2efd6f2a6d3affb4a6ab9a.jpg
82f41a3ac9ec33754b2c7ebd10b75392.jpg
7921b5aa8acc2049b4107c644e9ab6ff.jpg

Attachments

• 20170414_174928~2.jpg
    20170414_174928~2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 114

Joe _K

Established
So after a week and two days some notes on the above setup.

Pros:
Precision/Accuracy:

It is much easier to get my hits precisely at distance. The range I zeroed at only extended to 25 Yards so that is where I zeroed at. I could consistently keep 5 round groups inside of 3" with the four different 115 and 124 gr 9mm ammunition I put through it.
- Fed. Aluminum case 115
- Fed. Premium HST 124+P
- Rem. 115 range ammo
- Rem. Duty 124 gr HP

Recoil/Muzzle Flip:

This thing shoots. Flat. Subjectively feels like a .22 Magnum.

Cons:

Trigger:

The Apex trigger felt great in my stock Gen 4 19, no issues, great reset, probably 4 lb break. With the only change being new OEM Glock slide internals and a enhanced Apex safety plunger, this trigger went to crap. Stiff, gritty, and non existent reset. Taking this to the Gunsmith on Tuesday.

Comp:

Kept working itself loose even with a per the mfg. instruction install.

Unity Tactical Atom Slide Mount:

Less than 400 rounds fired and the right 4-40 bolt holding the RMR to the plate stripped out the aluminum mounting plate. All other bolts were installed per mfg. specs and were not over tightened. So far my fix consisted of a trip to Ace Hardware were I got an Irwin Drill & Tap set, and two 6-32x 5/8" SS bolts. Cut the bolts to fit, tapped the Atom RMR plate to 6-32 and reinstalled everything.

Joe _K

Established
aab0574bb271efda423faec846687bf1.jpg

d546974947df240a2a19e22bd21374ff.jpg

06e0e3dee0ac5e0603753f24eeafb614.jpg

Added a VG2 claw and a RCS 1.75" Belt Clip instead of the G-Code Clip I had been running.

As well as the Agency Mag Well.

Used Vibra tight on all the bolt threads, as well as the threads on the barrel.

With the issues I've had so far with the bolts holding the optic in place, I may look into picking up an Aimpoint Micro and the adaptor plate due to how the bolts simply pass through the mounting plate and thread directly into the optic housing.

There is video of someone running a T-2 on an ATOM slide, but Unity Tacticals' website states the mount is only for T-1/H-1/R-1.

Joe _K

Established
Sent out an email yesterday to the folks at Unity Tactical inquiring if they can make me an adaptor plate out of 17-4. I would imagine they could make decent profits out of offering it as an upgrade, or as standard at a higher price than their current model made of 6061 T-6 Aluminum.

Joe _K

Established
Spoke to Trent on the phone about the faulty adaptor plate, he was very courteous and helpful. Trent had me email Josh who quickly replied and said he could send me a replacement, I am just waiting for more Aimpoint Micro plateseorueue to get back in stock, at which point UT is going to be sending me one. Great CS and comms.

Also the T-2/H-2 will work on the ATOM slides but the rear sight has to be removed, or the rear portion facing the optic objective lens must be machined down to fit.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Joe _K

Established
Swapped over to an Aimpoint T-2, going to zero it this week with some 124 gr NATO Ball and Fed HST's.
1d0b2896774188dfdf0515ecad5b6b76.jpg

Default.mp3

Established
Are you using Vibra-Tite VC3? Does it work well with the comp, given the temperatures generated at the muzzle? I've resorted to Teflon tape myself, but am curious as to other alternatives.

Joe _K

Established
Are you using Vibra-Tite VC3? Does it work well with the comp, given the temperatures generated at the muzzle? I've resorted to Teflon tape myself, but am curious as to other alternatives.
I am currently. If it spins off again I'm going to get it drilled and pinned for a roll or taper pin along the bottom of the threads.

I am currently. If it spins off again I'm going to get it drilled and pinned for a roll or taper pin along the bottom of the threads.

FWIW I have seen some issues with straight pins working back out on a few comped guns I am aware of. The taper pin may be the best direction to pursue.

Yondering

Regular old blue loctite works great in this application. The barrel doesn't get that hot.

Joe _K

Established
Regular old blue loctite works great in this application. The barrel doesn't get that hot.
I used what the manufacturer recommended, which was Vibra Tite. Will try the Blue Loctite if it keeps working loose.

moostapha

Did you have to change the recoil spring from stock with the TBRC comp? If not, any idea of round count on the spring? If so, which one are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Joe _K

Established
Did you have to change the recoil spring from stock with the TBRC comp? If not, any idea of round count on the spring? If so, which one are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Not yet, still running a brand new Gen 4 stock Glock RSA.

Joe _K

Established
Put 200 rounds through my gun last evening getting a good 25 yard zero and checking reliability.

32 rds Federal HST 124gr +P
40 rds Sig Sauer HP 124 gr +P
Remainder was IMI Ball 124 gr NATO.
Experienced two Malfunction, first was with the Ball ammo, failure to return to battery, second was trigger failing to reset. I've not been satisfied with the APEX trigger so far, going to return to a stock Gen 4 trigger. Running +P I have seen no issues so far. Also the bolts loosened up a bit on the Unity Tactical Atom Mount, but my groupings stayed consistently between 4 - 6" at 25 yards. I will post up pics of the targets when I am able. Didn't think to get video.

Joe _K

Established
Swapped back to a Stock Glock OEM Gen 4 Trigger, kept the Ghost 3.5 Connector. Targets pictured were shot with what was approximately a 10lb nasty, gritty, stagey Apex trigger. Found some brass shavings in the Striker channel in the slide when my local Smithy tore it down today.
dab4d893eae67ad0c9af48632d4cdab3.jpg

MojoNixon

Established
I used what the manufacturer recommended, which was Vibra Tite. Will try the Blue Loctite if it keeps working loose.

In my experience in a previous job life (8 years of building and mechanically inspecting oxygen regulators) Vibra-Tite VC-3 flat out did not work if we used the suggested method of curing. The Vibra-Tite engineering group developed a special low heat curing/baking method specifically for our application with VC-3 that did ultimately work. COTS (Commercial off the shelf) Loc-Tite 242 worked as intended without the time intensive baking /curing needed with Vibra-Tite VC-3. When referencing Loc-Tite we should always use the numerical identifier associated with the compound being used (242,440, etc. ) as there are multiple versions for different applications many of which are blue, or red, or green, and purple.

JohnN

Used Vibra-Tite VC-3 three different times for this application, came loose all three. Switched to Blue Loc-Tite, no further problems. Used Blue Loc-Tite on a Unity Tactical G17 slide to attach both a T1 and RMR, hasn't come loose in 2000 rds.