My quest for the right sights.

Freedom Forged

In a previous post I asked about XS sights. I have decided against them at this point. But looking a sights on the internet is frustrating. So damn many and everybody's is the best.

I don't have an unlimited budget so I am really trying to buy once. I'm considering the Dawson Chargers right now. I would appreciate and input on these if you have used them.

Here is a little info on my pistol and how I use it.
G-19
Self protection
Concealed carry
Training and practice
I don't compete or match shoot.

Thanks all
FF

dan187

Trijicon HD's are what I put on my pistols now. Big bright front sight with a wide U-notch rear with more subdued tritium in the back. They are expensive, but can be had for less through GovX or Expercitiy.

Fatboy

Established
In a previous post I asked about XS sights. I have decided against them at this point. But looking a sights on the internet is frustrating. So damn many and everybody's is the best.

I don't have an unlimited budget so I am really trying to buy once. I'm considering the Dawson Chargers right now. I would appreciate and input on these if you have used them.

Here is a little info on my pistol and how I use it.
G-19
Self protection
Concealed carry
Training and practice
I don't compete or match shoot.

Thanks all
FF

Are you set on irons? If not, go with an RMR. Great for old eyes, it feels like cheating at longer ranges, gives you an additional way to work the slide one handed, and you can adjust how bright you need it to be for the area/time of day.

Trijicon HD's would be a close second though.

Freedom Forged

Are you set on irons? If not, go with an RMR. Great for old eyes, it feels like cheating at longer ranges, gives you an additional way to work the slide one handed, and you can adjust how bright you need it to be for the area/time of day.

Trijicon HD's would be a close second though.

No, I am not set on irons, I want an RMR but right no I just can't afford it. 170.00-190.00 for a mount and 600.00-700.00 for the RMR is more than I can spend right now. I do agree with you Fatboy, it would no doubt fix my problem.

I'm of to the LGS to have a look at the Trijicon Hackathorn HD's
FF

Fatboy

Established
No, I am not set on irons, I want an RMR but right no I just can't afford it. 170.00-190.00 for a mount and 600.00-700.00 for the RMR is more than I can spend right now. I do agree with you Fatboy, it would no doubt fix my problem.

I'm of to the LGS to have a look at the Trijicon Hackathorn HD's
FF

Just a suggestion, but the Trijicon dove tail mount for an RMR was less then $100 last I looked, and you can always get a cheaper model to see if the dot concept is feasible for you. Think along the lines of a vortex venom.

I understand the buy once cry once methodology, but that would be a real steep price to pay only to find out it doesn't work for you.

And for the record on the HD sights, the orange front sight is the closest I've personally seen to a RMR dot. There might be fiber optic sights that are brighter, but the orange HD kicks ass in all lighting day or night. They are what I have on my duty gun.

JUDAN

Dawson's are great but it all depends on preference. I have always been a bullseye owl eyes fan so I go with meprolight. A lot of people don't know but they provide the tritium for a lot of other makers. They seem a lot brighter and cleaner than others. I know the new Ameriglo's have come a long way also. All I can say is go to the store and look in person. Very nice seeing a glowing gun on the stand or in the field in pitch black.

Many years old and still very bright.

10486255_10152273642155954_498600994336691476_n.jpg