Multi gun carriers challenge!

yocan

This came up in a discussion I was having and I was thinking about it, people talk and there is no data so help me create some. This will be split into categories, please start it with how many rounds you shoot a year. This is primarily for splitting between glocks/mps/sigs/czs/hks going from a mp 4.25 in 9mm and a mp 4.25 in 40 would skew the results
If you rotate full size carry guns. I would like you to run an experiment for me,Part 1 day 1, have not been to the range in 5+ days, take the full size carry gun you fired most recently and fire on a shot timer 10 rounds slow fire 25 yards, then on a shot timer 7 rounds from a draw at a 6" dot at 5 yards (kinda like a bill drill but part of this is getting your grip right from the holster)score the dot too btw you can do your normal range stuff and shoot to your hearts content after this but DO NOT USE the gun that will be used in part 2.

Part 2 with not having shot for 5 days. Take your full size carry gun type that you have not fired in the longest period of time that is part of your rotation. Repeat the above test. Post results. I would really like to get 10 shooters in the sub 10k category, the 10-30 and another group 30+ to see how it goes.

N

nate89

I switch between a Glock 17 and a 226. I'll write this down and try to remember to do it.

Grayman

Established
Alright I didn't follow the guidelines exactly but I have some results to report:

My current duty gun-
MP9 approx. 8,000 - 10,000 rounds
Trijicon HD's
-8" bullseye
@25yds: 29.33 seconds from duty holster 6 hits within the 6" bullseye all 10 within the 8" bull
@7yds:4.28 seconds from duty holster 5 hits (I thought it was 5 not 7 shots)

My new duty gun:
CZ P09 approx. 3,000 - 4,000 rounds
Factory Sights
Cajun Gun works duty kit SA/DA
-8" bullseye
@25yds: 19.42 from duty holster 7 hits within 6" bullseye all 10 within 8" bull
@7yds: 4.12 seconds from duty holster 5 hits

I fall right on the line between a 10k and a less than 10k a year shooter... I'd say generally I fall on the less than side and I am still a young pup so we can err on that side.

Final thoughts:

1) I can't read and follow simple directions. (Also only did the tests 24hours apart not 5 days apart but thats just when I happened to be at the range)
2) My bullseye work at 25yds leaves something to be desired.
3) I am marekdly quicker and more accurate with my CZ but most of all I am far more confident with the CZ.
4) Switching between a striker gun and a SA/DA gun is actually not as challenging as it would seem.
5) The DA trigger press in the CZ makes me focus much more on all subsequent trigger presses which showed in my groupings.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
G22 with factory Trijicon night sights and Anerican Eagle 185gr FMJ. From reven phantom on belt.

ae613252adb027f2070edfb9d126a2dd.jpg

96e8d407315070523e9488966f90f0d6.jpg

G19 done 7 days later. Lone Wolf threaded barrel and Ameriglo operator sights with 115gr ammo. Hadn't shot it at 25 yards before. After first 6 realized hits were above target using split of circle with tip of sights. Put tip on bottom edge and next 4 in circle.
16e76fdc9a06a67ef6ad1ce88f406286.jpg

3c416fd697798667e73611472b3d23c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First round.

To be honest I have no idea how many rounds I shoot a year. Basically as much ammo as I can get my hands on. I would estimate somewhere in the neighborhood of 8,500 rounds a year maybe more but certainly less than 10k.

Kimber TLE/RL II. Factory night sights, a TLR-1HL mounted and some VZ Grips. Drawing from a Safariland ALS drop rig.

image.jpg image.jpg