Mounting pistol safe in bedroom

Ganerat

I'm looking for options as to where to mount the safe in order to have it as close as possible but also safely secure it to something.
Is it a good idea to bolt it inside a nightstand drawer? My concern is that if I'm being robbed (while the house is empty) someone could take the whole drawer with them. On the other hand, i assume it’s one of the inherent drawbacks of this type of safe.
Other options would be to mount it under the bed attached to the frame, but it would be more difficult to access.
Any suggestions besides getting a larger safe one can’t pick up? While it would be ideal, I’ve got zero room in my home.

Slick84pb

I'll chime in. But if you dont own your home or have an understanding landlord this is gonna be worthless.

My solution was a Tactical Walls mirror. Recesses into the drywall and does a good job at being discreet. Also just a magnet lock away.

You're rolling the same if not a bit more favorable chance of it being discovered and taken off with.

I use mine to house my 2 EDCs, a spare mag, and still pocket dump into it every night. Security wise my biggest concern is the kiddos, but coupled with being around and learning the rules of firearms I've yet to have one even open it to my knowledge (Ages newborn to 15y/o).

You can get a couple different colors/trim/sizes, so it's not terribly hard to fit one into your decor.
9e5d8b773911119fb80aa9688e1cfe01.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Barry B

Time is the enemy. If thieves have time, they will either 1) open most safes, or 2) just take the safe. Leverage is a big thing with this, if they can prybar the safe, even bolted to studs or possibly concrete they’ll get the safe. If you just want to slow someone down, and keep kids (and others) from accessing firearms, go with a safe you can mount solidly to something, and you’ve done about what you can do. I would not mound it to anything that can be picked up, or is not solid (furniture). YMMV. Good luck.

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
My concern is that if I'm being robbed (while the house is empty) someone could take the whole drawer with them. On the other hand, i assume it’s one of the inherent drawbacks of this type of safe.

That's exactly right. The Quick Access Safe is not meant to keep your stuff safe from robbers and thieves. A QAS is designed to keep your HD gun close at hand and fast to action in an emergency, but away from children and nosy guests. If you don't have kids and/or house guests you don't trust around guns, a QAS is unnecessary.

If you're worried about your stuff getting stolen by a burglar while you're gone, you should be looking for an actual gun safe.

Rads_arms

The advantages I see for a single pistol bed side safe would be to keep children or unwanted people out who live in the home. My other concern would be my house being robbed and now the burglar is armed with my gun if I happen to come home. The second reason is why I bought one.