Mossberg Shockwave

I got a smoking deal on a used 12ga. Shockwave a few months ago and after playing around with it, it does seem to have some utility.

I added a Crimson Trace green laser to it using a rail as recommended above. Mounting the laser at the very back of the rail allows me to actuate the safety and laser with my firing hand. The combination of the laser and using a high chest index means I can run it effectively out to 15 yards or so. Trying to bring it up to eye level was an exercise in futility and awkwardness for me but YMMV. IMO, adding a brace kind of defeats the whole purpose of having such a short, compact weapon at your disposal. I plan to add a white light using a GG&G mount and a side saddle and call it good.

I got a smoking deal on a used 12ga. Shockwave a few months ago and after playing around with it, it does seem to have some utility.

I added a Crimson Trace green laser to it using a rail as recommended above. Mounting the laser at the very back of the rail allows me to actuate the safety and laser with my firing hand. The combination of the laser and using a high chest index means I can run it effectively out to 15 yards or so. Trying to bring it up to eye level was an exercise in futility and awkwardness for me but YMMV. IMO, adding a brace kind of defeats the whole purpose of having such a short, compact weapon at your disposal. I plan to add a white light using a GG&G mount and a side saddle and call it good.

All of the above said, I would grab my AR or PCC first in most any self defense scenario given the choice. It does have some utility but wouldn't be my first choice.

Wake27

Even if you add a brace, the barrel is still 4.5” shorter than your standard 12 gauge I believe. That’s damn near the difference of a 16.1” and 11.5 AR... I don’t plan on using mine for HD but I think it’ll be fun with an SBA3 and Crossfire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gypsy EDC

I picked one up to supplement my G20 for a trip to Alaska that still hasn't happened...
Outside of that it doesn't do much for me.

Ryan St.Jean

I want one for the novelty factor. That said I’ve bought 2-3 other guns since they have been available so clearly it’s not a huge priority.

Updated:

I bought a Remington Tac 14 hardwood. Primary purpose is that it can be carried into places discretely. Specifically motel rooms. As a secondary it was cool and I wanted it. Before these were created I drooled over such guns in movies and now I own one.

It doesn’t measure up well to an AR or a full sized shotgun by any measure. That said the comparison isn’t with those but with a pistol.