Modifying the Jpc

I am a huge fan of the crye JPC 1.0. I like how minimal it is with the features it offers. That being said it has been brought to my attention that the shoulder straps are a big weak point. My buddy had his shoulder strap tear off during a casualty scenario. Any idea on how to prevent this from happening?

Attachments

• 89360.jpeg
    89360.jpeg
    687.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 89364.jpeg
    89364.jpeg
    674.4 KB · Views: 86

Boy Scout

Did he reach out to Crye? Seems like something they would warranty. Also, as process of elimination, is he sure got a legit JPC and not a knockoff? The repros are getting too good.

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
This happened across the board when the AVS system came out initially. They recalled them all to have bartacks added for the shoulder straps. With the JPC having the rubber/plastic/whatever material it almost looks like the sewing acted more like a perforation that led to the tear. Additional stitching would have to be added in a way to preserve the integrity of the shoulder strap material without making a perfectly straight shear line.

That said, contact Crye.

Rick

seems like it broke at the seam.

To directly answer the question, don't drag a casualty by their shoulder strap, rather by the handle on the top of the rear plate bag.
Ideally yea drag a casualty by the handle. But when you have 2 guys dragging you you naturally grab the straps.