Modifying a Safariland 6360

Grizzly

I need to get used to a Safariland 6360. And up to now one of my favorite methods to test, break in or get used to a new holster is using my SIRT pistol. That way I can practice from fully concealed to taking a shot. I'm going to start using a 6360 soon but the small plug that indexes the barrel prevents my SIRT from locking in.

Looking at the holster it seems like loosening or removing a screw at the bottom should let me temporarily remove or move the barrel index plug. Before I start taking things apart I wanted to see if anyone here had tried a similar thing.

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
Yep. Works. Personally, I replace the screw after I remove the plug, but that's up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB3

Amateur
I removed the plug to be able to holster blue guns. Easy to remove, just unscrew and pop out.

semtex41

Not a 6360 but I did the same thing on a M&P ALS holster to allow for the x300u.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizzly

I removed the plug to be able to holster blue guns. Easy to remove, just unscrew and pop out.
Thanks, popping the indexing pin part out worked for fitting the gun. But I think the Ejection port is a little more shallow or sloped on the SIRT than on a real gun. A g19 locks in just fine with a light but the SIRT will slide out with out using the final release button (I don't know the technical term for it). Now to introduce my SIRT to a dremel.

Pics to follow if it isn't too embarrassing.

Grizzly

Turns out the SIRT I have (performer plastic slide red-red laser) has a slide that is about .1" narrower than a g19. Adding a strip of .093 kydex in front of the ejection port with high speed super glue allows the retention to work like normal.

Moral of the story to make the performer SIRT pistol holster in a Safariland 6360 holster you'll need to remove the barrel plug, mount a weapon light and add some material to make slide at the ejection port as wide as a real glock.

After that it is great for getting used to all the buttons and clickies it takes to draw a pistol.

JB3

Amateur
Grizzly- can you post a pic? I just got my Sirt in today and it will not fit my ALS holster.

Grizzly

Here you go, some pics of how it works. This is a holster for a G21 so I'm not sure if the lock is different for a different gun.

Step one unscrew the bolt at the bottom that holds in plastic with a part pointing up. This is where the barrel of the g21 indexes. Remove that piece (it is held in by pressure and ridges molded into the holster) and then re-install the screw/bolt. That will ensure the plastic circle that holds the light in place stays in place. With out the bolt installed the circle at the bottom would pop out of mine easily.

Bottom view

IMG_0864.JPG
View looking down the inside of the holster. You can see the black plastic at the top where it catches onto the ejection port.
IMG_0865.JPG

Top view of the sirt with a piece of kydex glued on to the side to make the ejection port deeper.
IMG_0866.JPG
Comparison of my G21 and sirt pistol. You can see how shallow the ejection port on the SIRT is compared to a g21.
IMG_0867.JPG

Just a warning if you don't carry the gun with a weapon light removing the plastic part might make retention awkward. At least on mine it still holds the G21 if I take the light off fairly well for practice. But if I was going to carry it with out the light I would put the barrel indexing piece back on just to be sure.