MGL "MEAN GENE LEATHER" BELTS (Aegis edition)

WDPD8207

Amateur
I score it an A+.
Craftsmanship 10
Fit 10
Comfort 10
Style 10

I really like the belt. The only issue I have had is it is a lot thicker than nylon version. I have had to modify a couple of my leather holsters with my dremel.

If I'm going to be in jeans or shorts, I'll wear the Ares belt. If I need to dress more professionally it will be the MGL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grayman

Established
My name is Tim and I'm a gear whore.....

Nylon is great it works well and it's durable. But it's cold and dead. It feels clinical.

Leather is warm and sexy. It feels alive and it tells the story of its life through battle scars. We all know chicks dig scars.

The leather belts are a little thicker than the nylon alternatives and theoretically they will break down sooner. These are non-issues for me. These are the Rolls Royce of the belt world. Hand crafted with the care of someone who gives a damn about their work. They are classy and they don't scream tactical but they support as well as a nylon belt. I think the leather is more comfortable without losing effectiveness, it doesn't feel overly stiff or cumbersome.

I'm biased I know Gene and I won't buy a belt from anyone else. Gene's a true gentleman and one of the extremely rare real craftsman left in this country. If you don't own one save up and buy one I will personally guarantee you'll like it. PM me if you don't I'd love to hear why.

Big_Phil

So for sizing what do end users suggest? I have been looking to upgrade my belt and holster and I'm set on a MGL.

Thresher8-8

Amateur
So for sizing what do end users suggest? I have been looking to upgrade my belt and holster and I'm set on a MGL.

Have you looked at the Kore EDC? The end user creates the size with a simple pair of shape scissors. Plus it's much cheaper by about a 1/3.

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.

Order your pant size. You'll still have room to IWB a weapon.

The way the belt is designed, the tail that threads through the buckle is not as thick as the main part of the belt. So if you order bigger than your pant size, you may not be able to pull the belt through the buckle as much as you would want to.

I wear 38. I ordered a 38. Good to go.

Big_Phil

Thanks I ended up emailing Gene and he actually had me call him to talk me through it.
He explained the best thing to do is go try on a brand new pair of jean with your holster and order that size.
Great guy, very helpful, can't wait to order one-off his belts.