Medic's Load Out Thread

Mike G

Amateur
Vendor
VIP
PLEASE READ: Starting this thread to get some display and discussion of how Medics setup their gear. If you are a non-Medic and want to share your IFAK for pointers or to share your lessons learned it can go in another thread but I would like to consolidate an outlay for those filling the role of Medic.

When you post please include the team environment (Mil GPF, Mil SOF, LE, Contract, Remote Med, etc), geographical environment, mission considerations, and any other notes that you think will help others that are working in a similar role.

pfdr1991

I'll give it a shot.
Background: Regular Army 68W serving as a light infantry platoon medic tasked with personnel recovery/QRF duties (Platoon size 13-14 members including JTAC + other external assets).
Conditions: Eastern Afghanistan in winter. We'd be outside the wire usually no more than 24hrs, but prepared for 72 depending on weather/threat.

This was slightly more challenging for me since I was the only "non-shooter", so I was tasked with carrying a little extra weight: a Husqvarna K-760 rescue saw (slung), spare blades, and fuel (not pictured). I'm not going to go into my first level med pouches on my kit since there is a pretty big consensus on what to load on your plate carrier, but imagine standard rifleman loadout plus med kits. I will attempt to show a good way I found to carry gear when the reality dictated additional sustainment and rescue equipment; opposed to running slick M9 bags or larger Chinook bags like we always used in training. This is not the only way, this is just a way.

I used the TT Rhino Ruck which is a great ruck to carry heavy shit and throw it around it. I used the external zipper pockets for med gear, top claymore pouch for extra mags, and generally the interior for sustainment and equipment.
  1. Black Diamond climbing harness/ misc mountaineering gear
  2. 48oz additional water source
  3. NA Rescue poleless litter
  4. Arcteryx Knee Pads
  5. poncho
  6. VS-17 panel
  7. IV kit: 500ml NS, 500ml Hextend, Fast1 IO, 4 NAR saline lock kits, 4 lines
  8. 100ml Source bladder
  9. Saw hex wrench/torx key (for blade changes- rapid saw field repair)
  10. 20ft tubular nylon tied in a loop and biners for drag strap
  11. Kifaru woobie in case we had to overnight on a mountain
  12. Hypo kit: extra beanie, heat blanket and readyheat warmer
  13. TC3 field care cards, sharpie
  14. chest kit: 4 HALO seals, 4 NCD's
  15. combat gauze
  16. Ace bandages, compressed gauze
  17. extra mags
  18. Airway kit: NPA's, cric kit, BVM
  19. beanie
  20. bandaids, minor wound kit, gloves
  21. narc/med box
  22. broken bone kit (sam splints, finger splints, cravats)
  23. bonus TQ's
  24. food
  25. OR gorilla balaclava
  26. regular army combat gloves
  27. TT Rhino Ruck (a roll of med tape in all the pockets)

Attachments

• IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 103