Mechanical Offset References?

SB_Pete

Where can one go to find the mechanical offset of various aiming lasers?

I'm trying to make up a cheat sheet to quickly and easily determine offset to line up POA/POI for various laser aiming devices we or our partners may have in inventory, and I just can't find the data I'm looking for.

I have some of the pre-made targets and everything, that isn't what I want. What I am looking for is no s*** measurements so I or anybody else can manually calculate for any combo of weapon/laser/mounting position in order to be able to easily make a POI/POA target for any given available range and weapon/laser combo we happen to be working with.

Basically I'm trying to get the measurement both vertical and lateral (preferably in fractional inches or mm) from the centerline of top flat of picatinny rail to the center of bore/emitter/diode/etc for A) IR laser, B ) Vis Laser, C) illuminator, and D) LRF (if applicable) for

1) AN/PEQ15/LA-5/ATPIAL

2) NGAL

3) DBAL/AN-PEQ15A

4) AN-PEQ2

5) STORM 1/STORM-PI

6) STORM 2/STORM-SLX/AN/PSQ-23

It would also be nice to have

7) MAWL (BE Meyers)

8) RAID X/RAID XE (Wilcox)

9) AN/PEQ 16

IE: PEQ-15/LA-5 IR Aiming laser is x.xxx" up and x.xxx" right of centerline top flat of Picatinny/STANAG rail while mounted

It's generally easy enough to measure the relationship between centerline top flat of Picatinny/STANAG rail and centerline of bore, but measuring the emitter is a pain and I feel like it should be easy to come by info, but it doesn't seem to be. I would imagine it to be part of the standard engineering drawing for any of those pieces of equip. Does anyone have this info or know where to look? Thanks!

shoobe01

Established
Most of the manuals or other documentation, at least with issue things, come with a zeroing target (I mean, you have to figure out scale and so on, but it's there somewhere). Not sure if they actually /say/ the offset, but there's something to go off.

Also will vary based on how it's mounted. Side and top are not the same, and not every side mounting is the same distance away from the boreline, etc.

All these will be for IR and (as applicable) viz laser. Everything should be clustered though, very nearby. And who cares for say LRF offset as you are going to not really do rangefinding at offset ranges, right?