MDA for TPN used to perform Needle D?

So everywhere I look I am supposed to have a Medical Device Authorization to purchase a TPN/Sharps specifically to complete my civilian IFAK. When I was still in I could simply go to S4 or my unit Medics, now it seems to be this quagmire to acquire these? Is this a law, business policy, what am I dealing with here? I understand it's to limit drug users access to sharps? How does one complete a range related IFAK without an MDA?

A910

If I understand right anything that you'd want to put in an ALS (that includes needle decompression kits) bags is FDA regulated and requires a medical director or MDA to purchase. Federal law.

You used to be able to by NS for flushing/irrigating but I don't believe you can even buy that anymore.

M Atwood

Vendor
You should be able to add to cart and order a decomp needle through http://www.rescue-essentials.com/ without any bullshit (I've had good luck with them as a customer, including ordering these).

It is harder to buy some things as an individual these days, without resorting to carefully trawling ebay and finding grey-market sellers who list good details and pictures (like expiration dates etc). There's always shady shit on the eGay :D