Mayflower LPAC Cummerbund Fix

Eggroll43

I was cleaning out the garage and came across my old Mayflower slick low vis carrier. It has buckles on the front but the cummerbund straps are slick on the outside instead of having loop where a chest rig could secure down to. The cummerbund straps are sewn into the carrier so can't just up and replace them with the replacement cummerbund solutions out there. Slick back with no molle or loop on the back either.

Besides getting a new carrier and such, does anyone know or is aware of a "sleeve" or some such that the slick ends could attach inside of the sleeve with loop on the exterior of the sleeve to facilitate securing a chest rig down?
6eb64ff4757b3606a80f3a5dea4fc3d4.jpg
15f454a9634ee34bb22292071943cb8b.jpg

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

JeffM.

Amateur
I have the same old style LPAC. I have considered having loop Velcro sewn to the cummerbund securing tabs (or whatever you want to call the ends of the c.bun that have hook Velcro on the inside) and/or using Velcro faced placards as Mper15 suggested.

For now I just use these inside the c.bun. They have hook on the back and loop on the front. But I have everything else on a belt so all I needed was carriage for a few extra mags.

https://ferroconcepts.com/collections/rifle/products/turnover-magazine-pouch-triple-556

dont_tread_on_me

Man that’s got to be really old if the cummerbund is attached!
I think the simplest solution would be to stitch loop Velcro over the ends of the cummerbund to allow a place for any placard to attach.

Jreagan

$100 on ebay to upgrade that carrier to one that has a removable cummerbund. I'd look at that option considering you are already invested on the soft armor side.

PM07

Staff member
Man that’s got to be really old if the cummerbund is attached!
I think the simplest solution would be to stitch loop Velcro over the ends of the cummerbund to allow a place for any placard to attach.
It is .I still have my Gen 1 as I like to call it. That was like 3 gens ago LPAC wise .