MAWL C1+ Urban Lighting Performance

Which IR Pointer/Illuminator for CONUS LE work?

• Full Power PEQ-15

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
After much debating, and without the means to legitimately acquire a full power laser such as a PEQ-15, MAWL-DA, LA-5, NGAL etc I purchased a MAWL C1+. My questions are:

- Is a MAWL C1+ a viable option for CONUS le work in an urban/suburban environment? How well does it work in this environment compared to a standard full power PEQ? Particularly the pointer.

- Is the pointer powerful enough that it can punch through Photonic barriers and still be visible on target? How about the illuminator?

I know that people compare it to a full power PEQ-15 and I know that B.E. Meyers pumped it full of some kind of black magic but I still find this mind boggling that a civ spec laser can replicate full power performance.

Chriscanbreach

Established
We run DA’s but the pointer I’ve seen on the C model is a non issue. It works just fine and I’ll be honest at the range we typically use it within 50yards I can’t tell the difference. The Illuminator is the same in rooms as well.

1231213.PNG

Considering the Vis laser is primarily a C2 enabler, The high power is a luxury rather than a necessity I would say.

So primary focus being set on the IR spectrum, C1+ does its job very well. Maybe not on par with LA5 but definitely bright enough even when compared to the Peq15 and D2

Follow up question on this. The performance of the C1+ seems to be some serious black magic shit, and looks more than capable for what I need. My question is, as a civi without the ability to warranty a peq 15, is the C1+ worth the extra $800 or so bucks over the peq 15s I can snag? I haven't heard of peqs going down, although I'm sure it happens, and while I use my gear as tools and don't baby it I wouldn't say I'm overly hard on gear, outside of some hard hits every now and again.

Follow up question on this. The performance of the C1+ seems to be some serious black magic shit, and looks more than capable for what I need. My question is, as a civi without the ability to warranty a peq 15, is the C1+ worth the extra $800 or so bucks over the peq 15s I can snag? I haven't heard of peqs going down, although I'm sure it happens, and while I use my gear as tools and don't baby it I wouldn't say I'm overly hard on gear, outside of some hard hits every now and again.

I ended up picking up a MAWL and I have to say, the few quality comparison pictures I have seen seems be accurate. I don't know what kind of witchcraft BE Meyers pumped into the MAWL but it lives up to the hype 100% from what I've seen so far. Under a full moon and no cloud cover, at 100 yds it lights up an IPSC target like you're hitting it with the sun.

My question was more around the concern of a peq potentially going down and if the extra $800 is worth that peace of mind/upgrade. From what I've seen/read the MAWL is more that capable for me, the question I'm looking to answer is if I should be concerned with a peq going down (because you can't get it repaired if it's full power from my understanding) and if the MAWL is "worth the premium".

My question was more around the concern of a peq potentially going down and if the extra $800 is worth that peace of mind/upgrade. From what I've seen/read the MAWL is more that capable for me, the question I'm looking to answer is if I should be concerned with a peq going down (because you can't get it repaired if it's full power from my understanding) and if the MAWL is "worth the premium".

In my opinion, when you take all the other factors into consideration, yes, it is.

Sam Harding

0FB4B907-DA32-4422-AD1E-3CE5D3368CE4.jpegLeft is a C1+, right is an X1 (full power). Treeline is approximately 400 yards away. The illuminator and pointer on the C1+ is incredible in my opinion. Still has enough oomph to push through most photonic barriers, but anything ambient lighting it can’t cut through I wouldn’t be able to get through with my full power PEQ-15 and 15a. I’ll need to take more comparison shots with the other full power lasers, but the one posted above does an excellent job comparing a range of illuminators.

mmar

Sorry to rehash a 3 month old thread but I would love to see some more comparison pictures. Especially if someone is able to put up an NGAL, C1+, and DA.