Manufacturer Gas Port Dimensions | Page 2 | Primary & Secondary

Manufacturer Gas Port Dimensions

Discussion in 'Rifle Assembly' started by Jackrabbit, Jul 1, 2016.

1. chrischris

chrischris Amateur

Correct. I have a hard time believing it, even though the representative said he confirmed it by measuring twice.

2. Wallace

Wallace Newbie

So the rep literally measured one of their barrels right then?

If so, I wonder if he used calipers or a pin/dowel gauge. If calipers, I could see that not being entirely accurate simply because of how small a gas port it. What weight buffer do you run? Also, any suppressed shooting?

3. chrischris

chrischris Amateur

I run an H buffer unsuppressed.

And I just reviewed the email and he did say he used calipers.

Wallace likes this.
  4. R.Neville

R.Neville Newbie

Really hard to believe. Overgassed barrels are awfully hard on the system, let alone with ports this gigantic

5. chrischris

chrischris Amateur

Yes, I agree. I think my posts serve as a good example of skewed data due to improper measurment...

6. Default.mp3

Default.mp3 Regular Member

Apparently, Daniel Defense has changed their new manufacture MK18s from 0.081" to 0.072".

7. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Member

Sure, just give credit where it's due

mtdawg169 likes this.
  8. Default.mp3

Default.mp3 Regular Member

Working off of Jackrabbit's data, and utilizing the information in this thread, I've started this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tXunBDX5Gaz87BqxwNxDUlWNK9nEv-cZEQoLq2JXXrk/edit?usp=sharing

If y'all have any more information, please submit it here; it'll auto-populate onto the previous spreadsheet, though the formatting might be off, but I'll clean it up periodically: https://goo.gl/forms/gxSiVMP0jITBxV2v1

Kit Coldman and Wallace like this.
  9. vicious_cb

vicious_cb Newbie

I called up Daniel Defense to ask their gas port sizes for 14.5" carbine length gas systems. The tech said they were .067" across the board. I thought DD was following mil-spec gas port sizing for 14.5 and 16 carbine length gas systems? Since when did they start opening up their gas ports for the dirt clod shooting crowd.

10. Ragnar

Ragnar Newbie

My Bravo Company BFH 11.5 barrel has a gas port size of .076