Make your stock Glock rock

R. Moran

Staff member
I've got a semi drop in BarSto in my G22. It is so tight I thought it wouldn't function. It probably helped with functioning with a WML. It runs fine, and has broken in to a smooth operation. I don't generally measure groups, but it consistently shoots in the high 90's on a B8 @ 25yds. This is with CCI Aluminum blazer, which shoot very well in all my 40's. The G22 also has a "-" connector and Dawson adjustable sights, so that helps.
The only issues I have, and it's the same with my KKM and I think my StormLake...they do not function well with truncated cone ammo. I sent them out to have the chamber opened up, and some polishing, it helped some, but still not great. With most common ammo, the rounded profile flat point ball or JHP I have not had any issues.

On the metal guide rod in the Glock's, I'd be curious to know what the actual problem was that caused issues. I would think there had to be something not to spec in the rod...or the gun that a plastic rod covered up.

Lobsterclaw207

Does someone have a link to the best "-" connector for a Gen4 Glock 22? I tried to figure it out on my own but got a little overwhelmed and I've played the "trial and error" game before with these low priced items... I eventually owning like 3 versions.

T.Dubbs

Does someone have a link to the best "-" connector for a Gen4 Glock 22? I tried to figure it out on my own but got a little overwhelmed and I've played the "trial and error" game before with these low priced items... I eventually owning like 3 versions.
I wouldn't say that there is a best. Much of it boils down to personal preference.

I have been trying to find what I think is the best one for me too. I've tried pretty much all of the 3.5lb connectors available.

What I finally settled on was the Ghost Evo Elite 3.5lb connector. It almost completely eliminates the wall after the initial take-up, and you can tailor over travel of the trigger to your liking. Very easy to install.

Highly recommended. Requires fitting, but its oh so worth it.

http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_EVO_ELITE_3_5/EVO-ELITE-35.html

T.Dubbs

Thanks brother. Any idea on one that doesn't need fitting? I'm not savvy enough for that either...
As far as "-" connectors or 3.5lb connectors go, the differences between brands is negligible, in my experience. If you want to really feel a difference, you'd be better off going with a more "special" connector. Fitting is easier than you'd think. If I were you, and I was looking for a real, tangible improvement, I'd definitely give the Evo Elite or Ghost Rocket connector a try. Evo Elite being my #1 choice.

WDPD8207

Amateur
I have a ZEV trigger and connector in my G19. I handed my gun to my partner at the range the other day and he shot the Test drill and said its the best feeling Glock trigger he has ever felt.

I recent decided to convert a .40 to 9mm and went with the stormlake conversion match grade route. Only issue I've found so far is she didn't like tula brass.

Only thing I can tell is the chamber dimensions for the barrel and tulas spec are different enough to cause the brass to not seat fully in the barrel.

Nick

I wouldn't say that there is a best. Much of it boils down to personal preference.

I have been trying to find what I think is the best one for me too. I've tried pretty much all of the 3.5lb connectors available.

What I finally settled on was the Ghost Evo Elite 3.5lb connector. It almost completely eliminates the wall after the initial take-up, and you can tailor over travel of the trigger to your liking. Very easy to install.

Highly recommended. Requires fitting, but its oh so worth it.

http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_EVO_ELITE_3_5/EVO-ELITE-35.html

I looked at one the other day. What did"minor fitting" required you to do?

If I buy a lot of 200, would all the manufacturer described minor fitting be different per individual item, or is it standard across the board?

T.Dubbs

I looked at one the other day. What did"minor fitting" required you to do?

If I buy a lot of 200, would all the manufacturer described minor fitting be different per individual item, or is it standard across the board?
It requires filing down the "trigger control tab", or the part the limits overtravel to fit your specific trigger. Nothing crazy or difficult. All of the directions can be found on Ghost's webpage

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Nick

It requires filing down the "trigger control tab", or the part the limits overtravel to fit your specific trigger. Nothing crazy or difficult. All of the directions can be found on Ghost's webpage

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Ok. I'll re look at the website for Ghost. Thank you

Mike F

Amateur
Anyone here have any experience with any of the triggers from glocktriggers.com or vanekcustom.com?

My interest in them is that both claim to use Glock OEM parts which keeps me in compliance with my agency's policy. There are a couple guys at our agency using them, I was just curious if anyone from the forum had any experience, good or bad on either.

dan187

I am looking to get a factory Glock gen 3 trigger bar and "-" connector. Is there a preferred place to buy factory Glock parts?

MojoNixon

Established
I am looking to get a factory Glock gen 3 trigger bar and "-" connector. Is there a preferred place to buy factory Glock parts?
Sort of a follow on to Dan's post, I replaced my grooved G19 trigger with a smooth G17 trigger, bought from Glockmeister (supposedly a Glock factory part), and I had to revert to the stock G19 trigger because after @ 50 rounds the trigger would fail to reset. Tried installing several times with the same result each time. Every time I switched back to the stock trigger, reset was fine . Does anyone have any idea why I would get reset failure from just swapping triggers?

chrischris

Amateur
Sort of a follow on to Dan's post, I replaced my grooved G19 trigger with a smooth G17 trigger, bought from Glockmeister (supposedly a Glock factory part), and I had to revert to the stock G19 trigger because after @ 50 rounds the trigger would fail to reset. Tried installing several times with the same result each time. Every time I switched back to the stock trigger, reset was fine . Does anyone have any idea why I would get reset failure from just swapping triggers?
Any other trigger mods or did you just swap the Gen 3 trigger?

MojoNixon

Established
Any other trigger mods or did you just swap the Gen 3 trigger?
Added a Ghost 3.5 connector which works perfectly with the stock trigger. The Ghost with the G17 trigger is where I start getting no reset.
And yes this is all Gen 3 parts. Should have clarified that up front.