Magwell Suggestion Please.

Freedom Forged

I'm looking for a magwell for G-17.5 for concealed carry. I looked into Dawson's but it appears you have to use their mag base plates. ????
I would appreciate any suggestions.

Cadonny

I have been very satisfied with my SLR Rifleworks magwells for both my Gen5 19 and G45.

My only complaint is stripping a flush mag is pretty difficult. I wish there was a bit more relief along either the back or front inside, but out of the (to my knowledge) three Gen 5 magwells out there, SLR seems the best.

Zev would be another option for you, but I felt the SLR was better for CC.

David Mayeur

For concealed carry, I wouldn't add one to a Gen 5. They get rather wide due to the way they are designed to fit over the flared magwell. If you do want to get one anyway, I second the SLR or ZEV. I have not yet used the SLR, but seeing photos of it compared to the ZEV (that I have used), it is a little sleeker.

The Dawson magwell is going to be too large for concealment (for most people).

And since it was previously mentioned. Once you add a magwell, you are pretty much dedicated to using magazine extensions. Stripping out factory magazines is extremely difficult with any larger magwell.

Chriscanbreach

Established
It depends on if you’d like to run a back strap as well. Not all of them will work or may require modification to the gun to make them fit.
I picked up a blemished Agency magwell for my 19 with medium beaver tail strap a couple month ago and have been very happy with it. I ended up putting a Vickers base plate on the 15 rounder I carry in the gun and it does add a bit to the width but there is no issue stripping it out in the unlikely event that’s needed.

David Mayeur

It depends on if you’d like to run a back strap as well. Not all of them will work or may require modification to the gun to make them fit.
I picked up a blemished Agency magwell for my 19 with medium beaver tail strap a couple month ago and have been very happy with it. I ended up putting a Vickers base plate on the 15 rounder I carry in the gun and it does add a bit to the width but there is no issue stripping it out in the unlikely event that’s needed.

Vickers base pads do not work with a large majority of magwells. The few magwells it does work with a extremely small and nowhere near the size of more common magwells such as the Dawson ICE. Factory magazines will sit very deep in a more aggressive magwell. It's subjective, but I personally do not feel that the Agency magwell (and the like) offer enough of an advantage to warrant installing one.

To add, the Gen 5 magwells that are currently available are not compatible with Vickers base pads.

Chriscanbreach

Established
My mistake on the gen 5. I have nothing further to add.
For those using a gen 4 it’s a great setup for me and fits perfectly.